I have hopefully just gotten rid of the "idgsearch" problem and have been given a "black ice" pc firewall. I was wondering if anyone has used it and liked it. I'm new to this computer stuff so if it's easy to use it would be good. I have norton antivirus,so I thought about buying the norton firewall, would that be a better idea? thanks for any input!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IDGSEARCH Problem More Serious Than First Thought: Innocent looking, it actually contains links to illegal pornography sites. It uses Windows Media Player as a host to infect. Why cant MS and/or Google lead the crusade to hunt down IDGSEARCH find out where its being hosted and CLOSE IT DOWN!? Peter H.
I have BlackIce, and even though I have used computers for years (although not to an increedibly in depth level), I find it difficult to use at times. Perhaps I am just lazy, but I wanted something VERY user friendly. I dont think BlackIce is (not to the computing-nervous anyway).
I have read, as above, and heard from many users, that Zone Alarm is easy to use and is a strong firewall. I would go with the Lemmings on this one.
BZ