This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

All sorts of problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok so I have McAffee, AVG, and spybot on my computer, I run AVG and Spybot regularly for viruses and spyware. Recently I updated Spybot Search and Destrpy and it came with something called Tea Timer(which I cant seem to find now) which I ran and programs came up which I assumed to be bad so I "fixed them", im not sure if they were deleted or it made it so certain programs cant run or what. Now I contantly get pop ups that say Rundll.exe cant open "blank" memory can not be read, click ok to termininare or end process or something along those lines. I left computer on overnight and int he morning there were 273 of these messages. I also have a type of spyware I think called virtumonde which I think is causing me to get system messsages and pop ups, which I can alot when im in my computer or documents. My computer alos runs noticeably slower at times and I have to reatart it and such. Also windows security updates have been turned off and it wont let me turnt hem back on. I have no idea what to do and ahve little technical knowledge about computers so any help would be greatly apreciated
Hello, and welcome to whatthetech.
First let me address the issue that more is not better.
You can not run more than one antivirus, or resident shield.
By running mcaffee, and AVG you have a conflict.
I do not like mcaffee, so I recommend that you use AVG. This is only my opinion.
That said, please go here for help with your mal-ware issues.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI