This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

files getting corrupt...

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Ive done a HijackThis scan and posted in appropriate thread and have been sent to here after a further few scans that SILVER told me to do.

Right, the problem is for no reason at all, my files and executable program files randomly decide to be corrupt. I've recently recovered from malware and other spyware/hijackers but all has been cleaned and I still have this problem. Like…I had a few exe programs that i used to install updates for a game i race online regularly which were completely fine when I downloaded them, but now I've had to re-install the game and updates and had to re-download some of the updates because the ones i had got corrupted. I think this problem is also making the game itself crash…Not sure if this helps but the problem i have with the game is when it opens i have two options single(offline) or multiplayer(online). Single races work perfectly fine but when i click on multiplayer, it takes me to the car select screen as useual but when i click a car then click select the game stops there (so to speak) the music for it still plays and if i leave it for a few minutes i have control over the curser again but cannot go to the next menu screen because it keeps doing the same thing…This is probably the most useless information you lot have recieved but i can't really explain much more as I'm clueless to why this is happening…I have an important race meeting this sunday and it's and urgently required that I have this game working 100% by then.

Here is a crash log from the game that crashes out just incase it can be used to help:


31.28.966: ======================================================================
31.28.966: Sep 6 2002 12:09:31 N W32 M6 R senor_b
31.28.966: ======================================================================
31.28.966: mem: p/s/t t/a 383M/202M 1346M/1089M 2047M/2024M
31.29.096: JoyBegin
31.29.106: Joystick 0: "Mini Pad"
31.29.106: joy 0: create_joystick
31.29.106: joy: created 0 as "Mini Pad"
31.29.106: joy 0: turned off deadzone
31.29.106: joy 0: x-effect unsupported
31.29.106: Config Dir: C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\
31.29.106: Add-on tracks dir: "C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\tracks\"
31.29.106: mod: trying mod "BWSBangers"…31.29.106: mod.cfg found ok.
31.29.106: mod: Config Dir override: C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\BWSBangers\
31.29.106: Running on WinNT version 5.1:2600 Service Pack 3
31.35.055: ddraw: created directdraw with ati2dvag.dll (RADEON 9200 LE Family (Microsoft Corporation))
31.35.055: ddraw: version 0.0.0.0
31.37.368: vid: 64 meg card (reported:127.871094)
31.37.368: vid: using AGP textures (56), total: 64
31.37.378: vid: triple buffer on
31.37.659: texture: supports compressed solid texture
31.38.940: mr: 3D performance: 214 MPix/sec, 1448 KTris/sec
31.38.940: mr: fill rate is GOOD, poly rate is POOR, machine speed is 1000
31.39.762: DirectSoundCreate fails! (DSERR_ALLOCATED)
31.40.042: using sound mixer Sound
31.40.433: track.ini: ArlingtonDRB ok
31.40.433: track.ini: ArlingtonNRB ok
31.40.433: track.ini: BarrowRB ok
31.40.433: track.ini: BlackburnRB ok
31.40.433: track.ini: CowdenbeathRB ok
31.40.433: track.ini: DTR34Figure8PB ok
31.40.433: track.ini: FleetRv2B ok
31.40.433: track.ini: Hednesford®B ok
31.40.433: track.ini: Penn_YorkB ok
31.43.347: Using user driver file
31.43.367: Forcing player to user driver 970
31.43.807: res: ResourceGet("rtp.img") not found, returning NULL!
31.43.807: Empty image: rtp.img

31.43.818: res: ResourceGet("ITZone.img") not found, returning NULL!
31.43.818: Empty image: ITZone.img

31.43.818: res: ResourceGet("b_career.img") not found, returning NULL!
31.43.818: Empty image: b_career.img

31.49.956: res: ResourceGet("rtp.img") not found, returning NULL!
31.49.956: Empty image: rtp.img

31.49.966: res: ResourceGet("ITZone.img") not found, returning NULL!
31.49.966: Empty image: ITZone.img

31.49.966: res: ResourceGet("b_career.img") not found, returning NULL!
31.49.966: Empty image: b_career.img

31.54.343: res: ResourceGet("b_paint.img") not found, returning NULL!
31.54.343: Empty image: b_paint.img

34.57.256: Can't initialize TAPI : (<>)
34.58.297: win32: unfocused!
35.51.984: win32: focused!
35.52.044: res: ResourceGet("b_paint.img") not found, returning NULL!
35.52.044: Empty image: b_paint.img

35.52.044: win32: unfocused!


I'm guessing it's a problem with win32????

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Cheers, Jake
Like I said, I needed help before tomorrow. So don't worrie, I am going to blank computer and re-install windows

Cheers anyway

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI