Greetings. I have a quick (hopefully) question / problem with my Firefox Browser.
I try to load certain pages (facebook, gmail in particular) and the browser just says "loading…" …any idea what this could be from and how I go about fixing it?
I have done a SuperAnti Spyware Search / boot , a Spybot Search and both have not fixed the problem. I deleted all my cookies and that still didn't work…any idea on how to fix this?
I appreciate all help and pointers.
You said you deleted your cookies but did you also delete your cache? Sometimes a corrupt cache can be a culprit. Please Ctrl + Shift + Delete Keys at the same time. A new window should appear. Make sure that cache is checked (and anything else you want) then click the Clear Private Data Now button. See if that works.
Have you installed any new add-ons for your browser recently? If the above does not help and you have not installed any new add-ons it could be a corrupt file extension. If that is the case you can try the instructions below: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_instal…extension_files
Yeah, I have the same problem…I don't know what to do…
I have 2.0 internet speed and it STILL shows that loading page. Eventually, it will load up but…that would take like 3 minutes….idk what is happening… I am using the Firefox3…
I tried that and it still didnt work…i was looking on other forums and one guy said to someone else who had the same problem i was having to re-install / re-download a few .dll files….i re-downloaded mshtml.dll ….then i got my computer to work…only to use it last night and for it to stop loading pages again….
any thoughts? my hijack this log (if it halps is…)
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:59:00 PM, on 6/19/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)
I apologize if I stepped on any toes / did something I wasn't supposed to…I dont know too much about computers and how to fix them. Should I move this thread to another forum?
I apologize if I stepped on any toes / did something I wasn't supposed to…I dont know too much about computers and how to fix them. Should I move this thread to another forum?
Im in the same boat. Neither FF not IE will load certain pages. I did winsock and everything. No virii or trojans to be found/ Cant access google search either but the maps comes up. weird.
Without this laptop I would be SOL. Anyone have any ideas?
If having problems loading certain pages, please try this;
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the box type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
3. Click OK.
4. Reboot.
This will reset the TCP/IP Stack in Windows.
If thats a no go. Please open FireFox inFireFox safe-mode. (Not to be mistaken for windows safe-mode!!)
If it load pages fine in safe-mode, its a setting or add-on thats making the mess.
Did this happen when you updated FF?
If so, try to go back to the previous version.
No it was happening before I got the newer version. It happens with IE too. I cant access this webpage with that machine. I have to copy the reply url to the laptop even.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI