This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] How Do I Solve This: This operation has been cancelled d

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys, like 6 hours ago ….I recently got this message : This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. :pullhair: this came up when I was trying to go into any folder on my desktop …..my documents……and any other folders I have. I can go into My Computer but when I can there I cant get into my documents where I have alot of important stuff which I really need to get into. I was searching through forums on google ……for this type of situation….I found alot of people with the same problem..,….the one I heard that would work is using FixPolicies.exe……..but the problem is when I use that I can install it and everything ….but I cant seem to open the folder …..and that Restriction message comes up again when I try to open the folder ….soooo I really dont know what to do……I must figure a way to get into my documents… Im running on Windows XP …and yes I am the system adminstator as well…I have scanned my computer ….I had 5 trojans detected…..they have been removed……. Any HELP!!! would be Great..ASAP :) …… ..im in a total jam right now.. :popcorn: ..I hope I dont lose any of the files im my documents. :smack:
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI