This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] [autorun] shellexecute=wscript.exe.tracker.vbr

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey all,

I've got a nasty, wormey type bug in my laptop. last night while I was playing music at a party my whole computor shut down. Blue screen of death so fast and then snap – computer off. I restarted. It played and worked with no problem for another two hours and then I went home shutting down the computer as normal.

I was recently in another country and I was using a mem stick to transfer photo's from my computor to a desk top at that location. I don't know if that was the place I got it from, but that is when I noticed this file called tracker.vbr flashing into view on the drive I was accessing to transfer files onto my desk top. I lost a whole folder of photos that I could no longer open due to tracker.vbr, I believe.

I had AVG 7.0 or 7.5 installed on my machine. It caught it, but I released it by accicdent. I hit the wrong button (selection). In a fraction of a second I messed up my life. Oh well, spilt milk. I have other computor type problems but this one is priority. As I'm scared to death, I don't know what to do with it. Oh, too make matters worse I deleated AVG off my system and now cannot get it to reload on my machine.

Although it's running on my home desktop. I downloaded the trial version of 8.0 put on a memory stick and tried to move to the infected machine, but the machine says I already have anti-virus software installed and won't right over the top of it.

I started searching the net for solutions. I found Whatthetech. and signed up. In viewing other posts, I noticed that the Hijack this file log is always asked for as a first, if not a near first step, so I've taken the liberty of including it here.

Thanks for any help in advance to the tech team and have a great day,

aka Kelsy (Dennis)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:23:07 PM, on 5/25/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acachsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acautoreg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gearsec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\ActivCard\ActivCard Gold\acevtsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd2.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a…n&pf=laptop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel.dll.vbs
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] "C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe" /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] "C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [acEventServ] "C:\Program Files\ActivCard\ActivCard Gold\acevtsrv.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SNPSTD2] C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [trans] C:\WINDOWS\system32\a\trans\.html
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4D2D3A17-9B46-483C-A5F4-1DC471080009} (Cisco NAC Web Agent Control) - https://rencas0001.ugradert.mil.no/auth/taweb.cab
O16 - DPF: {C9D7D239-B502-48B3-BA25-9DF8C7264073} (CCAWebLogin Control) - https://rencas0001.ugradert.mil.no/auth/CCALogin.CAB
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc…ash/swflash.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: acAuth - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\acauth.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: ActivCard Authentication Service (ACachSrv) - ActivCard - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acachsrv.exe
O23 - Service: ActivCard Gold Autoregister (acautoreg) - ActivCard S.A. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acautoreg.exe
O23 - Service: ActivCard Gold service (Accoca) - ActivCard - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\accoca.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Active Virus Shield (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Nortin 30 day free trial\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: gearsec - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gearsec.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

Thanks again!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI