This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Nothing Happening but Hard Drive Chugging Away

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer is running slow much of the time. I have run several antispyware programmes but nothing shows up. Also my hard drive seems to be working and chugging away a lot of the time, even when I'm not using any applications. Also, Task Manager isn't working (it opens but when I try to close any programme with it, nothing happens) and I wonder if there's any connection to the previously mentioned problem. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium. Thanks for any help you are able to give.
Greetings NormanR You have been replied to in your original thread of the 16th. Here is a link back to it————>http://forums.whatthetech.com/Running_Slow_and_Hard_Drive_Chugging_Away_t91895.html&p=461648#entry461648 Do not open any more new threads please, Thank you. Regards Kaz

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI