This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Vista O/S Files ....

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just a question really :unsure: …. I have recently bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium and noticed that looking through my C drive the Windows O/S files are not 'hidden'. In XP these important files are in a hidden file (I know you can un-hide them) which seems so much safer. Surely the Vista Operating System fils could easily be deleted unknowlingly and obviously cause great damage. This is just an observation but would like to know others opinions on this please. I know that most people would never willingly delete or tamper with the files but puzzles me as to why they are so easily accessable. Thanks.
Hi :). I do not know much about the operating system mentioned but as far as I am aware they should be hidden by default. Have you recently run a scan with anything that could have possibly caused this?. No harm in hiding them and re-booting a few times to see what happens, please let myself know the outcome and we can consider a few options if necessary.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI