This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

should I remove 'read only' attributes or not

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have quite a lot of files I want to copy/move off my pc. A lot of them have the read only attribute ticked. Do I need to remove this before I copy/move the files or can I still access the files off a flash drive/cd/dvd ok later on? Also, if I might ask, what is the best way to put files on a flash drive. Move, copy or use a programme like Nero? I would not like to do what I think should be done and then find out 3 months down the road that I can't access the files anymore. By then the files will have all been lost and there are far too many that can't be replaced. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Hi Doug, thanks for the reply. I think I'll leave the read only attributes alone after reading that article. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI