This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

xp sp3 clean install

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I decided to do some testing and intentionally crash windows or corrupt it so i could get a real life check of windows file protection and see if the sfc scannow worked with the new servicepackfolder Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512) Boot mode: Normal Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\aAvgApi.exe C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe things are getting a little sluggish scotty is going crazy tho norton's 360 won't let you install malware
I finally found a low footprint dummy down security combination got spybot w/ sd helper and immunize(no teat timer) avira free personal winpatrol no firewall yet I tested this combination on an old dell that I had installed xpsp3 on 23 seconds to boot w/wireless internet 9 seconds to shut down protection will not let me extract the test trojan(amazing how fast it worked)

Attachments:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI