This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] This computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thank you in advance for your time and effort in reading and considering my problems … I am so grateful a service like this is available since I don't know much about computers, ya'll are truely generous to provide it at no charge.

This computer is sooo slow about 98% of the time even though 100% of my CPU is being used; applications (I think that is the right term) freeze up; and now my Spybot won't work (When I try to open Spybot it is generating errors with Windows creating a log of it and telling me I will have to restart … when I try to restart the same thing happens again). :pullhair:

My Norton Antivirus came with Norton Systemworks from 2002 and is expired (I still use some of the utility stuff that came with it); I leave ZoneAlarm on all the time; and I have Spybot (just quit working today) … I used to run the Teatimer all the time until about a year ago when it seemed like my computer's performance was suffering so I turned it off.



Here is my log:


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:20:33 PM, on 5/3/2008
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\netdde.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\msdtc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lspool.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\locator.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\MINILOG.EXE
C:\Program Files\PopUp Killer\popupkiller.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zapro.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://finance.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://finance.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://finance.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://finance.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PopUpKiller] C:\Program Files\PopUp Killer\popupkiller.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD06] C:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb11.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QD FastAndSafe] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\QDCSFS.exe /scheduler
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RealDownload.lnk.disabled
O4 - Global Startup: ZoneAlarm Pro.lnk = C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zapro.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINNT\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINNT\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\instant messenger\aim.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {21F49842-BFA9-11D2-A89C-00104B62BDDA} -
O16 - DPF: {24BACF02-5676-11D3-B8DE-00105A17A9E6} (ChartFX Internet Financial Client 4.0) - http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/Download/Cfx4Financial.cab
O16 - DPF: {3DC2E31C-371A-4BD3-9A27-CDF57CE604CF} - http://moneycentral.msn.com/cabs/pmupd806.exe
O16 - DPF: {BCBC9371-595D-11D4-A96D-00105A1CEF6C} (View22RTE Class) - http://kohler1.view22.com/app/view22RTE.cab
O16 - DPF: {FE0BD779-44EE-4A4B-AA2E-743C63F2E5E6} -
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{57491CD6-75DC-4841-AD69-D347377A7263}: NameServer = 151.164.64.201,151.164.1.8
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINNT\system32\hpbpro.exe
O23 - Service: HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINNT\system32\hpboid.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Basic Logging Client (minilog) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\MINILOG.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINNT\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: Security Updates Manager (secupdates) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\lspool.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
Sorry for the delay. :smack: Reboot and rescan with HiJackThis and post a new log here. Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Little Eagle- I just got your email note: thanks so much for replying and no worries about the delay; I'm so happy to have some help. I wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know I have to work late the next couple of nights, so I may not get the info you requested to you until this Thursday night (I'm thinking it will take me some time to explain how this computer is acting lately, etc … ). Please let me know if this pace will be a problem and I will do everything possible to speed it up; I check my email at least once everyday. Thanks again, Rainydaze

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI