This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] TrojanDownloader.xs

32 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Denise,

Update your Java , it will help prevent this garbage from installing.

  • Your Java is out of date and leaving your system vulnerable.
  • Go to your Add-Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall any previous versions of Java (J2SE Runtime Environment)
  • It should have an icon next to it:
    [external image: Posted Image]
    Select it and click Remove.
  • Reboot your system.
  • Then go to the Sun Microsystems and install the update
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 6 <–This is what you need to download and install.
  • If you chose the online installation, it will prompt you to run the program.
  • If you chose the offline installation, you will be prompted to save the file and you can run it from wherever you saved it.
  • Then after install you can verify your installation here Sun Java Verify
I like to to do the offline installation and save the setup file in case I may need it in the future


Helpful links for you to read.

  • How did I get infected in the first place ? Read these links and find out how to prevent getting infected again.
  • Tutorial for System Restore <– Do this first to prevent yourself from being reinfected.
  • WhattheTech
  • TonyKlein CastleCops
  • Grinler BleepingComputer
  • GeeksTo Go
  • Dslreports


Take Care,

Ken :)
OK, thanks for the info. I was about to ask you if there are other things i needed on my computer to keep me from being so vulnurable or stop hackers from getting in my computer. Is there anyway I can set myself as the Administrator of my computer. I think whomever hijacked my computer has made themself the Administrator. I need to change that or make sure I can only be the Administrator? Denise
Your the Administrator, you can log on as your self or administrator in Safemode. It just appears that your computer may have some issues besides the malware you had, You can post any of the forums that I listed for windows support , they are more up to date with the fixes you may need to straighten out your system. Ken
I got a warning message that I couldn't download the offline nor the online Java because the authencity of the certificate failed and couldn't be verified because there was an error parsing the certificate. No assertions can be made of the origin or validity of the code. Installing and running this code is not allowed.

What should I do now?

Denise
Ok, when just went back to double click on the Java icon on my desktop from the restart of my computer some boxes openned up and I just clicked on the items in the box and clicked on start. So let's see it I'm doing something right.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI