Mike934
Topic Starter
I use AOL but occasionally connect direct to Internet Explorer. Things were fine till 2 days ago - IE (and Firefox) keep dropping although AOL stays connected. I can open IE and do a search or two then 5 minutes after starting the connection drops. I can't connect to MSN. My pc won't allow a System Restore. I've tried scanning with a variety of Spyware applications including Spybot, but all to no avail. I've done a HijackThis scan but haven't a clue what the values in the log are. I can't attach the log so if it's needed and anyone can tell me how to do it I'd be grateful.
Oh and when I try to reconnect to IE I just get a little magnifying glass icon in the bottom-left of the screen and 'Connecting to (then a webpage number rather than title)' Diagnostics just tell me to check my router but that must be ok as I can still access AOL