I'm not sure exactly how to explain this, so I'm adding a screen shot to help my cause. Every time I search Yahoo, and sometimes when I'm searching other things, like an ebay search, or a forum search, I will get a "sponsor results" thing on the left side of the browser. This only happens in IE, and I can't get it to go away. What is it and how can I get rid of it? Thanks in advance.
Hi again jfinner1,
This is a typical symptom of a "mywebsearch" issue on your computer. An advertising toolbar addition to your Internet Explorer that is usually regarded as an "undesirable element"
I see that you have an HJT log open in the malware removal forum and the experts over on that forum will be able to help you check and clean your machine of this or any other items.. As your log has been unanswered for a while now, its time for you to give them a gentle reminder…..the experts on that forum are in really high demand as there are often more folks requesting detailed malware removal advice than there are trained malware fighter volunteers available.( hence the delay)