This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] kavo.exe, kavo0.dll, tavo.exe and PWS-LegMir.dll

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Ken, Before you close down this inquiry, I have one more request. I inserted another memory stick into my F drive and apparently it was infected with tavo and kavo. I successfully removed it by running Malwarebytes AntiMalware. I then used OTMoveIT to delete C:\pnc.exe C:\1i.com C:\WINDOWS\system32\tavo0.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp.reg The middle two were successfully removed, the other two not found. Whilst OTMoveIt was open, I clicked on the Clean-Up tag and the following files were listed: I did not remove any ot these and wonder whether I should do so: Regards Hank [nobackups] [deleteself] avenger.zip avenger.exe Avenger avenger.txt bfu.zip BFU combofix.exe Combo-Fix.sys ComboFix erdnt QooBox ComboFix*.txt catchme catchme.exe fdsv.exe grep.exe moveex.exe nircmd.exe sed.exe swreg.exe Swsc.exe Swxcacls.exe VFind.exe WS2Fix.exe zip.exe tmp.reg dss.exe Deckard deljob.exe deljob logit.txt FindAWF.exe AWF.txt fixwareout.exe fixwareout fsbl.exe fsbl*.log gmer.exe gmer.dll gmer.ini gmer.log gmer_uninstall.cmd gmer.sys gmer haxfix.exe haxfix.txt killbox.exe !Killbox NoLop.exe NoLop.txt NoLopOLD.txt delete.bat OTMoveIt.exe OTMoveIt2.exe _OTMoveIt OTScanIt.exe OTScanIt rustbfix.exe Rustbfix sdfix.exe SDFix Silent Runners.vbs SmitfraudFix.exe SmitfraudFix rapport.txt SysInsite VundoFix.exe VundoFix Backups vundofix.txt vundofix.vft win32delfkil.exe _backupD windelf.txt winpfind.exe WinPfind WinPFind3u.exe WinPFind3u WinPFind35u.exe WinPFind35u cleanup.txt
Hello Hank, Those files are related to programs you may have or may have not run, it you run the OTMoveIt cleanup, if one of those files from a removal program is present than it will remove it, that list does not mean there all on your system, it will look for those and remove them if present. I would format that memory stick. Ken
Hello Hank,

Some info for you


  • How did I get infected in the first place ? Read these links and find out how to prevent getting infected again.
  • Tutorial for System Restore <– Do this first to prevent yourself from being reinfected.
  • WhattheTech
  • TonyKlein CastleCops
  • Grinler BleepingComputer
  • GeeksTo Go
  • Dslreports
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI