This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

USB device eject annoying message

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Classic USB device, like a classic keychain flash drive, remove from my Windows 2000 SP4 open always this window:

[external image: Posted Image]

Even I use the sync.exe utility ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern…ddisk/sync.mspx ) with parameters "sync.exe -r -e" with flush and eject the drive. Then I think it is safe to eject the USB device, since I already forced all the data to be written on the device before removing it.

Yet still the message appear.

Any ideas how to disable it?
Well, I can't read Czech so I am not certain what that is saying. I am also not certain about Win2K, but In XP, to minimize cache related problems, under My Computer, right click on the Removable Disk, then select Properties > Hardware, then highlight the removable device and select Properties > Policies, then ensure the "Optimize for quick removal" radio button is ticked and then "Ok" your way back out. You still should wait a second or two to ensure any required "housekeeping" is complete, but then you can just safely pull the stick or other USB device out without going through the Safely Remove Hardware icon.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI