This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Looking to Upgrade CPU Cooling

22 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The funny this is that when I set the affinity to all programs to only Core 1 things cool down a bit. Only when Core 0 and 1 is used it starts heating up real bad.

but which one is output?


if the pump is working it will be the hot one, if the pump is not, both will be just warm



yeah niether one feel particularly HOT to me they both feel about the same.
Nice :) So how would that thing attach? I don't see the fittings on my mobo for a heatsink to "clamp" onto like I am used to seeing.
color me green(with envy) the locked multiplier caused me a lot of grief, I finally had to search to find some memory that would run fast enough to keep up with my amd64 watch your temps, as long as you keep the cpu under full load at 50C or below you are fine, it's not overclocking that kills components, it's overheating Orthos is good but in your last setup, it's a cpu killer
Well that was a massive disapointment. I took off the cooling block and realised there is a piece missing on my board. The piece that the heatsink clamps to is not there. Is there a way to order this piece? Is it something I could install?
Mine was probly removed when they installed the mounts for my liquid cooling as it looks like they use the same screw holes. Can it be purchased somewhere?

when they installed the mounts for my liquid cooling


they would be the ones to talk to, I was under the impression you had done the changeover

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI