This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Looking to Upgrade CPU Cooling

22 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

looks good, is everest still crashing, what about coretemp those core temps look right on target one core is doing something, the other is not
asus probe, motherboard monitor and speedfan have become extremely "dated" or obsolete the newer programs are not without their bugs
Is there any way for me to tell for 100% which of those sensors is correct for my CPU temp?
do something fairly intensive for about 5-10 minutes, make sure both cores are being utilized read the core temps with a couple of programs(coretemp is the best) reboot into bios and read the hardware monitor there you should be up around 50C under heavy load, and cool to 40C by the time you get into bios
Hi there,

You can run Orthos as a means of stressing your system. It will run both cores at 100% until you tell it to stop.

Here is the download link.

Cheers

Troy
It appears that the temperatures from Asus Probe are correct. After overheating and shutting down I booted back to bios and the temp was 88c :( Looks like I need a new cooling option. I would gladly take input on both water cooling systems(besides the one i have) and good ole Fan/Heatsink combos. What are the best brands out there atm? but atm I am leaning back torwards fan/heatsink cause my budget this month is for something less than $50 I just had such high hopes for this liquid cooling :(

After overheating and shutting down I booted back to bios and the temp was 88c Looks like I need a new cooling option.

You need to make sure you are not overclocking - then if you are still overheating, you have problem that needs to be addressed - and to start, I would pop the side of the case open and blast a desk fan in there.
are you absolutely positive you got all the air bubbles out of that coolant system?

is the pump still working?
The only thing I know for sure is that when I installed it I followed the instructions to make sure the bubbles were inside the radiator housing. Since I discovered the new heating problem I have tried the only other thing I know of that tech support told me the first time I had this issue was to lay the case on its side CPU up for 30 minutes. Is there anything else I can do?
gently tap the components with your finger when it's down like that? see any air bubble up after you turn it back on shine a small light on the tubes and look closely I had a friend's spring a small leak, it fried everything, dayam if he didn't fix it and put back on his new core duo system :pullhair:
Oh yeah I did that while it was down gently tapping on the tubes that is. I didn't see a thing and the only thing I see atm is blue in them.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI