This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Virtumonde malvare I think?

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Isn't the firewall that my router has, good enough?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 20:38:34, on 15.03.2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16609)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSloader.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDSMSNfix.exe
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\LManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ENET\ENMTRAY.EXE
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\EPOWER\EPOWER_DMC.EXE
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ACER.EMPOWERING.FRAMEWORK.SUPERVISOR.EXE
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\ERAGENT.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.vg.no/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://no.intl.acer.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/def…://uk.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: ShowBarObj Class - {83A2F9B1-01A2-4AA5-87D1-45B6B8505E96} - C:\Windows\system32\ActiveToolBand.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Kwyshell MidpX BHO - {EBE9E2B5-B526-48BC-AD46-687263EDCB0E} - C:\Program Files\Kwyshell\MidpX\JadInvoker\MidpInvoker.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Acer eDataSecurity Management - {5CBE3B7C-1E47-477e-A7DD-396DB0476E29} - C:\Windows\system32\eDStoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Kwyshell MidpX - {EBE9E2B5-B526-48BC-AD46-687263EDCB0E} - C:\Program Files\Kwyshell\MidpX\JadInvoker\MidpInvoker.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eDataSecurity Loader] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSloader.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eDSMSNfix] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDSMSNfix.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LManager] C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\LManager.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOKAL TJENESTE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETTVERKSTJENESTE')
O4 - Global Startup: Empowering Technology Launcher.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&ksporter til Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Link to &MidpX - C:\Program Files\Kwyshell\MidpX\JadInvoker\Extent\jad_wrap.htm
O9 - Extra button: Trace - {04849C74-016E-4a43-8AA5-1F01DE57F4A1} - C:\Program Files\VisualRoute\vrie.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: VisualRoute Trace - {04849C74-016E-4a43-8AA5-1F01DE57F4A1} - C:\Program Files\VisualRoute\vrie.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll (file missing)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\wpclsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {3860DD98-0549-4D50-AA72-5D17D200EE10} (Windows Live OneCare safety scanner control) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/…S/wlscctrl2.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E5E167B-1566-4316-B27F-0DDAB3484CF7} (Image Uploader Control) - http://express.foto.com/Newuploader/ImageUploader4.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: eNetHook.dll
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: eDSService.exe (eDataSecurity Service) - HiTRSUT - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSService.exe
O23 - Service: eLock Service (eLockService) - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eLock\Service\eLockServ.exe
O23 - Service: eNet Service - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eNet\eNet Service.exe
O23 - Service: eRecovery Service (eRecoveryService) - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRecoveryService.exe
O23 - Service: eSettings Service (eSettingsService) - Unknown owner - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eSettings\Service\capuserv.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: MobilityService - Unknown owner - C:\Acer\Mobility Center\MobilityService.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: ePower Service (WMIService) - acer - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\ePowerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe (file missing)

–
End of file - 7973 bytes
Hi

Isn't the firewall that my router has, good enough?

Well, it's certainly better than no firewall at all. Normally I would encourage a third party firewall in most cases. To be on the safe side, I would still recommend that you turn on Windows Firewall, for that little extra protection. Being an integrated Windows program, there will be little disruption to your system's performance.


Log looks good :thumbup:


Click Start >> Run, and then type ComboFix /u and hit enter.
You can now delete any other tools I had you download and run.


Re-enable TeaTimer:
  • Open Spybot
  • Click on Tools in bottom left hand corner.
  • Click on Resident.
  • Check Resident "TeaTimer" box.
  • Click on Allow change ONLY to popup box with:
  • Entry: SpybotSD Teatimer
  • Click on Mode, select Default mode
  • Close Spybot

Now that your system appears to be clean, theres just a few steps I'd like you to take to prevent any future infections.
  • Keeping your Windows up-to-date is crucial to your computer's security. Please go to the Windows Update Site (using Internet Explorer) and download and install all critical updates on a regular basis.

  • Make sure you update your Anti-Virus software regularly, new viruses are being developed all the time.

  • Some more programs that it would be useful to have [OPTIONAL but RECOMMENDED]:

    SpywareBlaster is another real-time scanner that prevents most spyware from even being installed.
    Freely available: Download SpywareBlaster

    Download and install the free version of WinPatrol. This program protects your computer in a variety of ways and will work well with your existing security software. Have a look at this tutorial to help you get started with the program.
Also, please read this great article by Tony Klein: So How Did I Get Infected In First Place

Glad we could be of assistance.

Please reply to this thread once more if you are satisfied so that we can mark the problem as resolved.

Stay Clean!

jpshortstuff
Thank you for all the help!! I have only one thing to comment. When I open my computer and I go to for example the C drive. when the viewing is set to big icons, then the pictures are gone. all of them. but if I change it to small icons or list, then all are there again. also if I go back to big pictures. I hope you understand what I mean. Any idea?
Hi

First of all, I'm glad we could help your malware problems :)

I myself have never used a Vista PC. I think I understand what you mean, but unfortunately, I don't know of a solution and can't find out as I do not have access to a Vista PC.

Luckily, here at WhatTheTech we have wonderful team of Tech Experts who would be more than happy to help you troubleshoot this issue. Go head and head on over to our Microsoft Windows Forum and start a new thread there. The response time form our tech helpers is usually very good. Just give a detailed description of the problem and perhaps link to this thread so that they can see any changes that may have occurred to your computer during the course of dis-infection.

Again, glad we could help you, it was nice working with you :thumbup:
Once again, thank you! I have turned on windows firewall. And told my girlfriend to turn of limewire. I myself never use it. I will make a new post at the windows section and see if anybody can help me there. Nice working with you to B)
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI