This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Seeking VUNDO Trogan removal help

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello piechase

sorry I have not responded sooner my internet has been giving me problems

if you have not uninstalled combofix yet I need you to do this and please resend the kaspersky log

Sorry, I found the Jotti log instruction ambiguous:
Am I supposed to scan the "ltkghxxqxphp.sys" 2x or maybe some other file?
I scanned ltkghxxqxphp.sys 1x and fwd to you.

yea my bad

The computer seems normal. No constant McAfee reminders about presence of VUNDO Trojan. Nor are there the fake Windows warning msg boxes about computer errors, adware stuff & click for free scan" etc, etc.

thats good to hear

:Run CFScript:

Open Notepad and copy/paste the text in the box into the window:

File::
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\07 Track 7.wma 	
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Rare Recording.wma 	
C:\Program Files\muvee Technologies\muvee autoProducer 3.5 magicMoments - HPD\Samples\CandyLand-dm.exe


Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
[external image: Posted Image]
This will let ComboFix run again.
Restart if you have to.
Save the produced logfile to your desktop.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

:information and logs:

In your next post I need the following

1.log from combofix

send me the log from combofix then we should be able to finish this up

Gringo
Gringo, I had to deliver the PC back to a family member in the next town. I uninstalled ComboFix according to instruction. The PC was running good; I hope it will continue to be OK. piechase
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI