Deleted Member
Topic Starter
Greetings,
This is my first post on your forum, so pls forgive my ignorance.
I have attached my hijackthis startuplist.
My problem is as follows:
When I boot normally, my machine hangs post login. Several icons appear on my desktop, but the majority are missing. The task bar doesn't load and I can't access the start menu. I can access task manager, which shows cpu usage at virtually nothing. If I kill the explorer.exe process and then run it again, my desktop then appears as normal. When I boot in safe mode, the boot sequence hangs after mup.sys has loaded, but only for a while and then windows allows me to log in. Even in safemode, my icons are mostly missing from my desktop and I have no access to the start menu.
I have viewed my event logs and cannot locate any alert that hints towards the route of this problem. In device manager, there is an unknown network controller with a yellow exclamation mark. I have tried uninstalling, updating,etc the driver for this device but no luck.
Any suggestions?