Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Spies where you work...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,472 posts
  • Interests:... The never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American way.

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

FYI...

- http://preview.tinyurl.com/ytxz6h
February 28, 2008 (InfoWorld) - "...A new survey found that more than a quarter of employers have fired workers for misusing e-mail, and one third have fired workers for misusing the Internet on the job. The study, conducted by the American Management Association (AMA) and The ePolicy Institute, surveyed 304 U.S. companies of all sizes... While looking at inappropriate content is an obvious no-no on company time, simply surfing the Web led to a surprising number of firings. As many as 34 percent of managers in the study said they let go of workers for excessive personal use of the Internet, according to the survey. Among managers who fired workers for e-mail misuse, 64 percent did so because the employee violated company policy... More than a quarter of bosses said they fired workers for excessive personal use of e-mail and 22 percent said their workers were fired for breaching confidentiality rules in e-mail. Companies are worried about the inappropriate use of the Internet, and so 66 percent of those in the study said they monitor Internet connections... Companies use different methods to monitor workers' computers, with 45 percent of those participating in the survey tracking content, keystrokes, and time spent at the keyboard..."

:oops:

Edited by AplusWebMaster, 11 March 2008 - 01:54 PM.

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

I've known about employers spying on employees Internet and general computer use for ages, I can tell you one thing, I certainly wont be using it(when I get a job where I get the chance that is) for hardly or nothing but work. Also I'll even keep what I say in work related emails as limited as I can in what types things I say, let's face it, if you are an employee these days in an office, working for a boss, you need to be very careful about what you use that computer for.
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation