Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

This one has my ISP helpline stumped - any ideas? Please help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RSteve

RSteve

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:09 AM

Hello to everyone, I am sorry if this seems a dumb question but I promise I've done everything I can think of and it's driving me crazy! I use Windows XP home and all of a sudden I am unable to access my webmail at webmail.blueyonder.co.uk I can get to the log-in screen okay, but when I enter my details I just get the standard Windows "page not found" error. At first I thought the site was down, but I checked the status page and it said it was okay. I called my ISP's helpline and they said webmail was fine. They said another user had just phoned in with the same problem and used ZoneAlarm, and she found when she reinstalled that, all was fine. So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ZoneAlarm - no joy. I even tried it when ZoneAlarm had been uninstalled completely just briefly, and it still didn't work, so I know it's not ZoneAlarm. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVG Anti-Virus Free too, and again this didn't help and even with both ZoneAlarm and AVG uninstalled, I no joy. I tried a different browser (I was using IE6) but both Firefox and Opera just give me a blank page - it doesn't come back as page not found, it just gives me a blank page and acts like it's loaded it. No other site is affected - other webmail sites are fine, and secure sites are fine too. The helpline suggested I restore Internet Explorer settings to default, no help. I've tried adding the site to my trusted zone, turning off IE's pop-up blocker, no joy. I tried System Restore but it didn't help, and when I tried to go back earlier it just said it didn't work. I tried a few dates but that didn't work either - and when I tried undoing my last restoration it said it couldn't do it! I've tried this on another PC and I can access my webmail, so I know it's an issue to do with my PC, but I can't think what. I haven't changed anything and I just can't understand what would prevent me accessing just one specific site across three different browsers! I even tried entering the wrong password and it takes me to the standard "wrong password" screen and lets me go back, so it's just the actual mail it won't let me access. My ISP has admitted defeat but says as it's obviously a setting on my PC, they can't help me any further. Any ideas would be really appreciated as I just don't know what's going on here! It seems such an odd fault!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 RSteve

RSteve

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:47 AM

Well it seems to have righted itself! After reluctantly downloading them all to Outlook which I didn't want to do, it's back as though nothing had happened! dayam ISP! Anyone know how I can get it all back from Outlook to Webmail!?

#3 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Advanced Member

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:01 AM

You are not alone with this issue. Web-mail has never worked for myself successfully since Virgin took over regardless the prostrations of nothing wrong our end. You will never get them to admit a fault, though I suspect it is due to the ongoing transition to Virgin based email address's which may be resolved in 10 years time :wall:.

Anyone know how I can get it all back from Outlook to Webmail!?

I honestly do not know of a way to accomplish this sorry :(.
Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of the former ASAP and UNITE

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

Hi You could try emailing it back to yourself from Outlook but disable"receive" first! (Just send only) Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate