This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

ntldr missing

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

system: winXP pro hi there, first I'm going to describe the hard disk situation. it's a 250 GB s-ata connected samsung hd devided in two partitions. on both partitions were 1 GB + left. I know, a very small free space… I use to backup at such situations (even earlier at 10 gb left) but I couldn't do so in this case. the first problem when running the pc was when starting adobe illustrator and having problems with loading the plugins (what didn't happen before)… then followed that I couldn't print from quark xpress (I was printing 10 minutes earlier). as I was in a hurry to get my work printed I restarted the pc (without backing up my files!!!). when I restarted the NTLDR missing error occurred. I tried to fix the master boot record what was successful but without any positive results in booting the drive. then I tried to fix the boot (fixboot c:) but this won't work! the answer on fixboot c: is systemdrive could not be found or path is wrong (I translate from german, so it may be not exactly the same). copying the ntldr and ntdetect file from the cd to c: also won't work. by the way, the partition on the hd started with d:\ and the dvd roms with e:\ and f:\… but in recovery mode the pc tells me that the cd is in d:\! what else can I do to recover my system without any loss of data? thx for your help, elias … as you didn't answer yet I tried something else… bootcfg /rebuild it tells me that an error occured because the harddrive could not be scanned for an windows installation and to use ckdsk… chkdsk tells me that there is no drive in c: (but the hard drive still appears as primary master)… it would be nice if you can help me out with this, I'm confused now!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI