This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

IE Pop Ups With HiJackThis Log

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have been receiving pop-ups from my internet explorer, from websites such as, Setthetrend, and other websites. I know I have seen multiple other posts with the same issues, and I have gone through every step I could, and have been used HiJackThis, ComboFix, and SDFix to try and see if there is anything out of the ordinary, yet I haven't been able to find the source of where these pop-ups are coming from. I'm hoping that there is something that I am not seeing, or something that will be able to help me be rid of this. I have AVG's Free Anti-Spyware, and Anti-virus program installed, I have also ran Kaspersky, and also have Zonealarm Firewall running as well Here is the Hijackthis report. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 8:20:36 PM, on 2/2/2008 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Boot mode: Normal Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS\avp.exe C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe C:\PROGRA~1\CACHEM~1\CachemanXP.exe C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Program Files\MSI\Live Update 3\LMonitor.exe C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe C:\Program Files\IMVU\IMVUClient.exe C:\Program Files\Xfire\xfire.exe C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe C:\Program Files\IMVU\IMVUQualityAgent.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS\avp.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Watch.exe C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - {F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - {F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LiveMonitor] C:\Program Files\MSI\Live Update 3\LMonitor.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadAccelerator] "C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE" /STARTUP O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe" O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe" O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe" O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE') O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE') O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM') O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user') O4 - Startup: IMVU.lnk = C:\Program Files\IMVU\IMVUClient.exe O4 - Startup: Xfire.lnk = C:\Program Files\Xfire\xfire.exe O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Gryffins\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS\avp.exe O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe O23 - Service: CachemanXP (CachemanXPService) - Outertech - C:\PROGRA~1\CACHEM~1\CachemanXP.exe O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe O23 - Service: Window Washer Engine (wwEngineSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe – End of file - 5543 bytes Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :D
Never mind I fixed the issue myself. Found out there were two files that were causing the problem. C:\windows\system32\drivers\core.cache.dsk and C:\windows\system32\drivers\processrr.sys

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI