This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Virus/Malware Random Music or Audio Clips

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

I have a computer with the same problem as the post here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Help_with_vi…val_t87380.html

I was hoping to add myself to that thread but I guess this forum doesn't work that way… After looking at the log for that person, I have similar programs, nothing out of the ordinary running. At first I thought it was ituneshelper.exe, but only killing explorer.exe stops the audio–which isn't exactly something I can prevent. I think it's somehow an extension of Internet Explorer…

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

My name is Simon V., and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

I'll first need a HijackThis log:

Download HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install HijackThis.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in Notepad. Post the contents of that log in your next reply.

Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI