This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

afraid of doing nothing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Greetings folks. I know we aren't supposed to do anything after we post a Hijackthis Log. But while waiting for a response, can't the infection get worse if we don't try to control it? The pop ups have gotten slightly worse, and I don't want this infection to take over my machine, as this is the only computer I have to check my log response with for the next 3 days. But trying to run another AV or Spyware scan will change the results of the Hijack log, right? Is it safe to try and ward off this nasty stuff in the mean time?
Running Anti-virus / anti-spyware scans can change items in your HJT log.

Some of those programs are good while others are bad. If you look at some of the HJT logs that have been worked you can see which ones we use. ONLY use the Anti-virus / Anti-spyware and NOT any tools like Combofix, registry fixes, etc., on your own. Using some of these tools wrong could cause more harm then good.

I replied to your HJT log.