This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] TROJ_RENOS>ND in System Restore

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

To create a mergeable .reg file follow these simple instructions
1) Create a new file on your Desktop with Notepad
2) Copy the information with CTRL+C from the reg file on this page starting with the line that reads REGEDIT4.
3) Paste the information into the Notepad file
4) You must hit the Enter Key to place an extra line at the end
5) Then save it with a descriptive name and the extension desktop.reg
6) Double click to merge it into your registry. That's it.


REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\ActiveDesktop]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"ClassicShell"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"ForceActiveDesktopOn"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoViewContextMenu"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"Wallpaper"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer]
"NoViewContextMenu"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoActiveDesktop"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Desktop"="%USERPROFILE%\\Desktop"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Custom Desktop"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Desktop"=hex(2):25,55,53,45,52,50,52,4f,46,49,4c,45,25,5c,44,65,73,6b,74,6f,\
70,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop]
"ConvertedWallpaper"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Web\\Wallpaper\\Windows XP.jpg"
"ConvertedWallpaper Last WriteTime"=hex:00,88,40,84,d3,2b,c1,01
"OriginalWallpaper"="%USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Wallpaper1.bmp"
"Wallpaper"="%USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Wallpaper1.bmp"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Common Desktop"=hex(2):25,00,41,00,4c,00,4c,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,53,00,\
50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,44,00,65,00,73,00,6b,\
00,74,00,6f,00,70,00,00,00

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Desktop"=hex(2):25,55,53,45,52,50,52,4f,46,49,4c,45,25,5c,44,65,73,6b,74,6f,\
70,00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Desktop"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,44,00,65,00,73,00,6b,00,74,00,6f,00,70,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
"ComponentsPositioned"=dword:00000001
"TileWallpaper"="0"
"WallpaperStyle"="2"
"Wallpaper"=hex(2):25,41,50,50,44,41,54,41,25,5c,4d,69,63,72,6f,73,6f,66,74,5c,\
57,61,6c,6c,70,61,70,65,72,31,2e,62,6d,70,00
"BackupWallpaper"=hex(2):25,41,50,50,44,41,54,41,25,5c,4d,69,63,72,6f,73,6f,66,\
74,5c,57,61,6c,6c,70,61,70,65,72,31,2e,62,6d,70,00
"WallpaperFileTime"=hex:00,77,28,0a,07,2e,c5,01
"WallpaperLocalFileTime"=hex:00,37,05,fc,c3,2d,c5,01

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\General]
"Wallpaper"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Web\\SafeMode.htt"
"VisitGallery"=dword:00000000

Hi little eagle, I want to make sure I have this copied as you said, if this is correct I will merge into the registry. REGEDIT4 [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop] [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General] [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\ActiveDesktop] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "ClassicShell"=- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "ForceActiveDesktopOn"=- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoViewContextMenu"=- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] "Wallpaper"=- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer] "NoViewContextMenu"=- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoActiveDesktop"=- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders] "Desktop"="%USERPROFILE%\\Desktop" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "Custom Desktop"=- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "Desktop"=hex(2):25,55,53,45,52,50,52,4f,46,49,4c,45,25,5c,44,65,73,6b,74,6f,\ 70,00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop] "ConvertedWallpaper"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Web\\Wallpaper\\Windows XP.jpg" "ConvertedWallpaper Last WriteTime"=hex:00,88,40,84,d3,2b,c1,01 "OriginalWallpaper"="%USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Wallpaper1.bmp" "Wallpaper"="%USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Wallpaper1.bmp" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "Common Desktop"=hex(2):25,00,41,00,4c,00,4c,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,53,00,\ 50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,44,00,65,00,73,00,6b,\ 00,74,00,6f,00,70,00,00,00 [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "Desktop"=hex(2):25,55,53,45,52,50,52,4f,46,49,4c,45,25,5c,44,65,73,6b,74,6f,\ 70,00 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "Desktop"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\ 4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,44,00,65,00,73,00,6b,00,74,00,6f,00,70,00,00,00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General] "ComponentsPositioned"=dword:00000001 "TileWallpaper"="0" "WallpaperStyle"="2" "Wallpaper"=hex(2):25,41,50,50,44,41,54,41,25,5c,4d,69,63,72,6f,73,6f,66,74,5c,\ 57,61,6c,6c,70,61,70,65,72,31,2e,62,6d,70,00 "BackupWallpaper"=hex(2):25,41,50,50,44,41,54,41,25,5c,4d,69,63,72,6f,73,6f,66,\ 74,5c,57,61,6c,6c,70,61,70,65,72,31,2e,62,6d,70,00 "WallpaperFileTime"=hex:00,77,28,0a,07,2e,c5,01 "WallpaperLocalFileTime"=hex:00,37,05,fc,c3,2d,c5,01 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\General] "Wallpaper"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Web\\SafeMode.htt" "VisitGallery"=dword:00000000
I copied & pasted. The reason I wanted to make sure , is because quite some time ago when the screen savers were disabled by a virus, we manually went into the registry, and put a screen saver in for each user. I wasn't sure I was copying correct with control + c. If this isn't correct, I'll start over….. :huh:
Hello little eagle, All 3 users have tried to adjust the screen saver issues, to no avail, so it's probably not because of this last infection, and certainly not because of your efforts to correct it. It's really not a major issue. The main concern was getting rid of the virus, which you did, and I thank you very much for your time & effort. So……..if you agree that everything is OK, I'll restore system restore, turn on the windows firewall, and do I simply delete Combofix ? You're the best :thumbup:
Download the OTMoveIt.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it.
Press cleanup & it will search for and delete/uninstall all the tools we have used
to fix your problems and all their backup folders and then delete itself when you next reboot.

Wish we could have got the desktop working right. :smack:
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI