Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Looking for a spellchecker extension

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:59 AM

I use Firefox primarily and want to use a spellchecker extension for it but I wanted some advice from people who've used certain ones. It would be great to have one that includes both American and British spelling because living in Australia I spell primarily the British way and I usually just correct it here to the American spelling because I don't like the look of the red lines under the word(s). I realize this site has one but one more for me would be a good addition and can be used for general Firefox usage.

Edited by EnigmaChick, 27 January 2008 - 07:01 AM.

I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Gary R

Gary R

MRU Administrator

• MRU Teachers
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

Look here

https://addons.mozil...x/browse/type:3

I use the British English and it works fine.

I've tried the US English and it too is OK

I've never touched the Aussie one ( even reading a rising intonation is like fingernails on a blackboard :D ;) )

#3 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:02 AM

Thanks! :thumbup:
I've installed the Australia one and what does this mean?

( even reading a rising intonation is like fingernails on a blackboard :D ;) )

I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

If you want to help this site running and offering free help, please consider giving a donation

#4 Gary R

Gary R

MRU Administrator

• MRU Teachers
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Thanks! :thumbup:
I've installed the Australia one and what does this mean?

( even reading a rising intonation is like fingernails on a blackboard :D ;) )

It means I'm not the best lover of the way that Aussies torture the English tongue :D , love the people, hate the accent ;) :D :P .

#5 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:36 AM

I'll try to overlook that you're not a fan of Alf from Home and Away. :rofl:

#6 Gary R

Gary R

MRU Administrator

• MRU Teachers
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:42 AM

I'll try to overlook that you're not a fan of Alf from Home and Away. :rofl:

My wife has banned all things Australian from the TV, she reckons we go through too many screens when they're on. Posted Image (sorry, this was the closest smiley I could find) :D