This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] IMSORRY Internet Speed Monitor

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am not very computer saavy and I have tried what I could do to get rid of it. I've tried using Norton anti-virus, but my comp won't read the disc. I tried running the old program on my comp, but it won't even start up. I downloaded Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and it found nothing. I downloaded Windows Defender, and I can't even install the program. A prompt tells me that my Windows Instaler Service can't be accessed. Every time I start up my computer, I receive a message saying that Windows can't run properly, some of my files have been replaced my unrecognized versions. I tried doing a system restore to a previous date, for some reason I have no other dates other than today to restore to. I don't have a system restore disc with this comp. I was supposed to do that when I first got the comp, and I never have.

What this thing is doing is…(1)It slows my computer down (2)Opens up Internet Explorer to random sites whether or not I have the internet open,and all windows it opens are labeled with "From Internet Speed Monitor". If I run a Google search, it brings up a side panel labeled IMSORRY Internet SPeed Monitor with a list of it's sites. I click on a link in Google, and this thing re-directs me to one of their sites.

Please Help

V/r
NotCompSaavy


Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:59:51 AM, on 1/23/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\QdrModule\QdrModule12.exe
C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon .exe
C:\Program Files\QdrModule\QdrModule12 .exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Router\Router .exe
C:\Program Files\QdrPack\QdrPack12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusbnoga.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.mysa.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?

LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?

LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?

TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=presario&pf=laptop
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet

Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: My Global Search Bar - {37B85A29-692B-4205-9CAD-2626E4993404} - C:\Program

Files\MyGlobalSearch\bar\1.bin\MGSBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582

-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-

8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [8486858D8E8F8A89] C5C7C6CECFD0CB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1341073e] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\iougmjbl.dll",b
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10

\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program

Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

(file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program

Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\newdotnet\newdotnet6_38.dll' missing
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?

TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=presario&pf=laptop
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) -

http://www1.snapfish.com/SnapfishActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) -

http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E48506BF-A524-44C6-A228-A55526848D03}: NameServer = 24.116.0.201
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {07851C6A-1C43-41d9-8319-BC89154A8C00} - C:\Program Files\RcvSystem\httpdchk.dll
O23 - Service: DomainService - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusbnoga.exe

–
End of file - 4664 bytes

Here is the startup list:

StartupList report, 1/23/2008, 10:22:16 AM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
* Using default options
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\QdrModule\QdrModule12.exe
C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon .exe
C:\Program Files\QdrModule\QdrModule12 .exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Router\Router .exe
C:\Program Files\QdrPack\QdrPack12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusbnoga.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

————————————————–

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

————————————————–

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Symantec PIF AlertEng = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
8486858D8E8F8A89 = C5C7C6CECFD0CB.exe
1341073e = rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\iougmjbl.dll",b

————————————————–

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*Registry value not found*
Hi WeatherGirl and welcome to the forums.

My name is Dave. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can sometimes take a while to research so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Yes, you appear to be quite infected here…

First, I need to ask you to do a couple of things.

I need you to rename Hijackthis because I suspect that you may have the Vundo infection that can hide some entries in your log.
  • Please go to the folder where you saved Hijackthis.exe: In your case C:\Program Files\Trend
    Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
  • Right-click on it, then select Rename.
  • Name it something like: FindVundo.exe (or whatever you want) - Just make sure to keep the .exe part.
  • Then double-click the renamed HJT to scan and then post the new logfile.

Before you post the log please turn off word wrap in Notepad. On the top menu of Notepad click Format, and uncheck Word Wrap. Then post the new Hijackthis log.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

I have renamed the file as you asked and ran the new log under the new name:


Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:16:04 AM, on 1/25/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\QdrModule\QdrModule12.exe
C:\Program Files\Router\Router.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon .exe
C:\Program Files\QdrModule\QdrModule12 .exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Router\Router .exe
C:\Program Files\QdrPack\QdrPack12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusbnoga.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\FindVundo.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.mysa.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a…o&pf=laptop
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1883C9FF-C226-4B0B-8458-A812CF7A0525} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mljjg.dll
O2 - BHO: My Global Search Bar BHO - {37B85A21-692B-4205-9CAD-2626E4993404} - C:\Program Files\MyGlobalSearch\bar\1.bin\MGSBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: BndBlock4 BHO Class - {8F9E2BE3-766D-4831-BB0E-766D5B819995} - C:\Program Files\QdrDrive\QdrDrive9.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D7FD6C15-4927-4AAE-BF12-FBDABD287EB1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayvvuv.dll
O2 - BHO: {40c1da4b-d6b6-6fc8-a904-5ab3d7fb79ce} - {ec97bf7d-3ba5-409a-8cf6-6b6db4ad1c04} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hyisfsdb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: My Global Search Bar - {37B85A29-692B-4205-9CAD-2626E4993404} - C:\Program Files\MyGlobalSearch\bar\1.bin\MGSBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [8486858D8E8F8A89] C5C7C6CECFD0CB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [runner1] C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe 61A847B5BBF72815308B2B27128065E9C084320161C4661227A755E9C2933154389A28452DA545E9
B1894E754BE54C29159A7DBE80DC744B6CDE3F546CAC59B6
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1341073e] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\kjcsldvy.dll",b
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\newdotnet\newdotnet6_38.dll' missing
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=presario&pf=laptop
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www1.snapfish.com/SnapfishActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1005.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E48506BF-A524-44C6-A228-A55526848D03}: NameServer = 24.116.0.201
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {07851C6A-1C43-41d9-8319-BC89154A8C00} - C:\Program Files\RcvSystem\httpdchk.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: yayvvuv - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yayvvuv.dll
O23 - Service: DomainService - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusbnoga.exe

–
End of file - 5989 bytes
Well bingo it is Vundo in all it's glory. Let's get to work.

Please download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Double click on SDFix.exe. It should automatically extract a folder called SDFix to your system drive (usually C:\). Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
  • Open the SDFix folder and double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y and press Enter to begin the script.
  • It will start cleaning your PC and then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any key to restart the PC.
  • Your system will take longer than normal to restart as the fixtool will be removing files.
  • When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished.
  • Press any key to end the script and to load your desktop icons.
  • A text file should automatically open, so please copy the contents and post that here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download ComboFix by sUBs from HERE or HERE
  • You must download it to and run it from your Desktop
  • Now STOP all your monitoring programs (Antivirus/Antispyware, Guards and Shields) as they could easily interfere with ComboFix.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a log. Please save that log to post in your next reply along with a fresh HJT log
  • Re-enable all the programs that were disabled during the running of ComboFix..

Note:
Do not mouse-click combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.
I regret to inform you I had just complete the first task. Once it completed in safe mod and I restarted the computer, the program did what it had to do, and now I have no internet connection on that computer. I have no idea what happed or what went wrong. My HP Wireless Assistant is on, however, I cannot open the program. I went open my Wireless Internet Connection but I have no icons on the bottom right of my comp. I went through the control panel and I went into my Network Connections and the folder was completely blank. I have no idea what to do or how to fix it. It's as if I have no wireless router anymore.
Sorry to hear of the troubles, Malware and trying to clean it will sometimes do serious damage to a PC, but all is not lost, we have some options here. Can you post the SDFIx log and a new HijackThis log please. Also, did you try just rebooting again to Normal Mode to see if the connection comes back? We'll get this sorted out somehow.
I appreciate your help on this issue. However, at this time, doing the fixing myself, I fear, will cause more damage at this point. I will take it to someone to fix. Once again, thank you. V/r WeatherGirl
OK no problem Weather Girl, good luck. At this point they will probably just re-install Windows. With machines this infected sometimes as a last resort it's the way to go. Regards, Dave
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI