After a scan when downloading BitDefender8, it was revealed that a C://WINDOWS/system32/zorjboap.exe//data0018//data0002 file that was infected - but could not be removed. How can this infected file be properly removed, and what steps should I take from here? This is a friend's computer and I am trying to help him - he has a Dell desktop.
Thank you for your willingness to help! I did not see this reply and posted it on another site that was recommended if you guys were busy! I think this is fantastic service and I appreciate all of you.
Well, the good news is - he ran the antivirus program again and it corrected the problem! Now when he runs the program, it finds ZERO problems. I would like to post his HighjackThis log when I get a chance to go back to his apartment. So go ahead and close this topic and I will load it another day.
THANK YOU!!!
Let me try to find it again for you. I was hitting links everywhere that I found on here to try and learn all I could and I found the site called "bleepingcomputers". I also remember seeing one called geeks2go or something like that. Somewhere it said that if the site was too busy with responses, to try one of those. It may have been from going to the HighjackThis site!! I may have found it on there. I thought maybe you were all linked somehow.
ok! I am looking for it now. When I say I was all over the place reading and looking, I am serious! lol. I am like that when I research things. I just remember it saying that online forums were available to load the highjackthis logs and then listed them. It said they did not recommend that the log be used unless it was sent to one of the forums or someone with malware removal experience. It said if one forum did not respond soon, to try another because they were sometimes overloaded and used volunteers. I only posted on this one and bleeping because I wasn't sure who was the busiest! I am new at all this.
But I will try to find it again.
Probably! I am just glad I found this service! It is fantastic. I even sent an email to take the class here! I love to help other people, but malware removal is not an area of expertise with me…….
Have a great day! Thanks again.
That one was my laptop and I loaded the log before I read the instructions…..
So I've been doing some cleaning up before I try to load it again! Thank you for asking!! I will load it one day soon to make sure I'm in good shape!