This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Avast found some baddies

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Did you Remove combofix from the desktop ?

Let's get rid of it and finish up manually.

Navigate to and delete the fiollowing files and folders I have listed in bold.

C:\QooBox

The following should all be on the desktop.

C:\Documents and Settings\TeeJay\desktop\ComboFix.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\TeeJay\desktop\dss.exe
CFScript.txt

___________________________________
Please create a 'clean' System Restore Point:
The reason for doing this is in case you need system restore you don't put back all we just took out.
Right click My Computer
Then Propeties then system restore
Place a check mark by turn off system restore
Click APPLY
Windows will give you a warning click yes
REBOOT

Now go right back to the same place and unchecksystem restore
Click APPLYand OK

____________________________________


Now you may continue on witrh all the other Optional fixes I suggested for you.

Let me know all this went OK.
Ok I did what you said with combofix, downloaded Comodo Firewall, got sitehound and downloaded spyblaster. I made the changes to my internet explorer. I have to go to work so I'll have to the the hosts file on my next day off. I want to thank you very much for your help with all this mess. I am certainly glad there are people out there like you who are willing to help people like me! I would have just reformatted and been done with it ..lol Thank you again for all of your help! TeeJay
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI