deva
Topic Starter
I was reading another thread concerning laptops shutting off for no apparant reason and came accross a bit of advice regarding the possibility of a rootkit infection.
I went to my own drivers folder through the ie link offered there looking for a randomly named .sys file. I found tcpip.sys.ORIGINAL. is this bad? Should I rename it to malware.old?
My laptop:
Model Name dynabook TX/670LSBI
Part Number PATX670LSBI
Serial Number X5275999K
OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
BIOS Version V2.6C
CPU Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz
Physical Memory 512MB RAM
Hard Disk Capacity 80,023,749,120 [Byte] 74.528 [GB]
Hard Disk Free Space Capacity 16,815,771,648 [Byte] 15.661 [GB]
Video Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family version=6.14.10.4277
Screen Resolution 1024 x 768 Pixels
Color Quality True Color (32 Bit)
Sound Realtek AC97 Audio version=5.10.0.5830
Network Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller version=8.24.3.3
MAC Address=00:0F:B0:9D:FF:21
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection version=9.0.2.31
MAC Address=00:13:CE:6C:82:24
Modem TOSHIBA Software Modem version=2.1.51.0
IDE Device 1 TOSHIBA MK8026GAX
IDE Device 2 None
IDE Device 3 TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632B FW version=TF32
IDE Device 4 None
IDE Device 5 NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 2.26
IDE Device 6 ZX3370H VZW202C 1.0
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11
EC/KBC Version ""
PS-MICOM Version ""