This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

BLUE SCREENS

59 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

No. That is not what is needed. You have copy/pasted from the Full Tests "Summary" Please post the TechExpress as described in the posts above.
Hi Doug, Sorry for my senior moments but will you please talk me through what I need to do after clicking on the TechExpress Link in PC Pitstop. I have clicked on this link but nothing happens. Please use basic language as I am still very much a beginner. Regards, Malc.
Not a problem MALC. :)

When you click on TechExpress, from any Results page of your PCPitstop full tests, you will see an item that looks like the second of the two pictures that I posted earlier.

TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=D9ZJSW4NGFVS0YYG


You will "copy/paste" the URL information into your next reply here,
What you paste into your reply will look like the following:

TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=D9ZJSW4NGFVS0YYG


This happens to be a "real" example of a machine I currently have on my bench.
You can "click" on the above link to see what it's like to receive a TechExpress Link.

To Copy/Paste:
Use your Mouse cursor to highlight the TechExpress information
Use Edit - Copy (or ctrl-C combination on your Keyboard) To copy the TechExpress
Use Edit - Paste (or ctrl-V combination on your Keyboard) To paste the TechExpress into your next Reply
Hello Malc,

Yes - Yes - Yes, that is what we required. Well done.

Please follow the Customised Tuneup Tips by clicking on each tip and following accordingly. Please do not worry at this stage about Update Device Drivers, this is not an immediate issue.

Please do not click on the advertisements within your summary test results as we will help you for free as the need arises.

After completing the Customised Tuneup Tips, please post another TechExpress link back here into this thread as you did in your last post.

Doug will come by to help you further regarding more expert suggestions.

kind regards, :)
Hi Doug & tellin just a quick line to say that it is becoming more and more difficult use my PC due to the Blue Screens appearing. It has taken me eight attempts before I was able to e-mail this. I was looking through a magazine and saw an article on Blue Screens. Like you it said that it was a serious issue and suggested restarting right back at the beginning. Just thought I would pass on this snippet. However without your guidence on whatever rout we take nothing will be achieved. No pressure then! Regards Malc.
Hi MALC, I am sorry you are not getting the service you deserve here……………my apologies. Please describe the way your computer is running now. Post any error messages shown as these are most important to assist us in solving any problems evident. I see in your last TechExpress scan you still need to reduce your System Restore space in D:/Drive. Post back please with the answers to the above questions. kind regards,
TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=UX9WSWXTQ0VS6HFG

Hi tallin, Thanks for getting in touch with me. I have reduced my System Restore space in D./Drive to 2%.
I have included the latest TechExpress link (as above) for your information.

As regards my computer, after reporting just days ago that it was horrendous it has improved so much that
amazingly I have only had one Blue Screen in two days. What have you done? I have no error messages as yet to send to you.

Is this the lull before the storm?

Regards

Malc
Hello MALC,

Thank you for your update regarding your system improvement………..

Paws will be getting in touch with you regarding your bluescreen problem as that is not my expertise.

Regarding your machines improvement……isn't that great? :thumbup:

You still need to address your Backup concerns as stated in the pit test. Have you thought about image software to an external HD? To give you some idea of it here are a couple of links that you could begin to familiarize yourself with. I would suggest however if you were interested please consider taking your computer to a good IT in your area to have one or the other set up for you.

Ghost and Acronis

kind regards,

PS. Let us look on the positive side of things Mal, I don't think there is a storm coming especially when Paws has time to guide you to a successful end to you bluescreen fault……. :)
Hi tallin, After saying how improved my PC is, when I came to switch on I was met with a Blue Screen. The STOP message is as follows STOP; OXOOOOOO8E (OXCOOOOOO5, OXBF82693C, OXF75CF14C, OXOOOOOOOO). Win 32k. sys - Address BF82693C base at BF8OOOOO, Datestamp 45f013f6. If as it seems you and Doug will be going on to bigger and better things, I would like to wish you all the best for the future and to thank you both for your patience and help with my hair tearing problem. Regards, Malc.
Hi Malc,

Doug is ill, I have not the expertise to help you and as Paws is in a different time zone to you, he will help when he comes online I am sure of that.

I am indeed sorry that you are still having the problems first noted, but patience a little longer please….. Paws will come to your rescue I know.

kind regards,
Hi Malc,
Sorry to see you are still having problems with your machine, We will help you get through this and provide whatever assistance we can.

Firstly, let me state a few crucial things so there are no mis-undersandings, and please forgive me if I appear to be trying to "teach my Grannie to suck eggs" that is certainly not my intention.

The issues you are having with your machine are sometimes difficult to resolve from long range so you need to make some decisions now on how you want to proceed.

The options as I see them are as follows:

1 Carry on with help from this forum, trying various courses of action and faithfully carrying out the suggestions given. This can be a lengthy process and will need a high degree of committment from you (and also from us here (I am quite willing to stick by you for as long as it takes)

2 Take the machine into a local competent computer tecnician and ask for an estimate for repair (be prepared for him/her to suggest an immediate format/reinstall of Windows, all drivers and peripherals, and after making a back up/archive/copy of all your important stuff on your computer( ie, settings, data files, letters, photos, videos, emails, address books, favourites, spreadsheets, etc etc ,in fact everything that is important to you on your machine copy it all back…..once your machine has been formatted ( wiped clean of everything) and Windows reinstalled.

The cost for this is likely to be quite high and in a well equipped workshop staffed by competent tecnicians is likely to take around five and a half hours or more depending on the amount of data on your machine. Extra time will also need to be allocated to reinstall all your applications ( programmes) Please note if you have the original manufacturers Restore disc available or can buy them the the times /costs can be reduced dramatically

There is (as with the other courses of action that you might consider) no guarantee of success. (It could always turn out to be a hardware issue) You will have a better idea of the rate that local computer technicians charge in your your area, and applying that rate to the hours involved will sometimes produce an amount around the cost of buying a a new computer.

3 A new computer with operating system and full 12 months warranty including delivery and tax at 17.5% can be had in the UK for GBP £275 (approx USD $550) this sort of price needs to be considered against the likely costs produced by item 2 above, but please note you will still need to install your applications, peripherals, printer scanner etc) and set up your email/internet etc on a new machine ( or pay for someone to do it for you.)

4 Carry out the reformatting and reinstalling steps outlined in 2 above yourself and receive guidance from the forum here on how to achieve it. ( please bear in mind Malc that the approx times I indicated above was for the work to be carried out in a well equipped workshop, with everything to hand, with technicians who are experienced and who have performed each step of the job many times before. NOTE This is always to be regarded as a "last resort" step.

5 It could turn out that he problem is hardware related and quite often in a workshop environment, components parts will be removed and replaced by known good working parts as an quick way of resolving the issues…….difficult for a private individual to do……… and so we have to rely upon the symtoms displayed being accurately described by you, to us ,in your posts and the various log files and reports, and error codes that your computer displays.

Please remember that In a workshop we are able to examine parts, meter outputs with test equipment etc whilst on the forum we rely upon your powers of description.

Please consider these comments and post back and let us know how you wish to proceed.
In case you are worried by the mention of costs ……please be reassured that all advice is provided her on this forum by volunteers and is free of charge to you.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI