In the Taskbar the items checked are Lock Taskbar, Keep Taskbar on top, Group Similar taskbar buttons, Show Quick Launch, Show Clock and HIde inactive icons. Of course I unclicked the Hide Inactive Icons and the Safely Remove Hardware appears. Tho I never had that checked before and the Icon was there for most of the time I've been going between computers.
Any reasons for the hang ups?
Well, I just connected the computer to the internet, and things seem to be running smoothly! Even the Hijackthis came open in record time. So…I think I'm good to go. I can't thank you enough and I will write whomever I need to to sing your praises!!! You ARE the Forum God!
Happy New Year LDTate!!
You're more then welcome.
Glad we were able to help
Peace be with you
Not sure if we did this already but at least create a new restore point and hide system files:
You need to create a new Clean restore point.
Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points
Click Start Menu > Run > copy and paste
%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it (something you'll remember) and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.
Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab. Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders." Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI