Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

What the heck?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nyctreeman

nyctreeman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

LDTate helped me rid my computer of some mal ware two days ago. After following his instructions, ie: new restore point, rebooting, re-setting browser, etc., I had a glich with my shortcut icons (some having the wrong logo) Then I downloaded ZonedOut as suggested, but did not figure out how to use it. Well, the icons went back to normal without my intervention, and then the zonedout icon went generic. When I tried to open it, the computer could not locate it. I did a properties on it and copied the location, after I did that, it disappeared and I can find no trace of it. Is this thing safe, is this a normal hiccup? weird

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

Hi, Do you mean Zone Alarm or was it actually ZonedOut you installed? Its important that you only have one anti virus running (Active in memory) at a time. (more than one will most likely quarrel!) Also it's usually OK to be behind a hardware firewall (such as is found in most ADSL Router/Gateway/ Access Points, and have a 2 way software firewall running as well, but not more than one of them otherwise they could quarrel as well! Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 nyctreeman

nyctreeman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

It was zonedout which when I downloaded it, was simply a device of somekind that would allow me to transfer multiple sites to my banned list from their website of known bad sites. (which I never had the chance to do)

It was from the list of suggested things to do in my completed or resolved problem before.

Here is where it was in my system:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Leonard Roe\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\G82MKBBP\ZonedOut[1]\ZonedOut"

This is the page I downloaded it from:
http://www.funkytoad...ent/view/15/33/

Now it has disappeared, and I cannot find any trace of it.

Probably no big deal (I hope)

Edited by nyctreeman, 19 December 2007 - 08:48 PM.

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:15 AM

Hi OK I understand Try a Search for the executable that is, ZonedOut.exe Start > Search.All Files and Folders.> Local Hard drive C > type in the white box ZonedOut.exe > More advanced Options> put a tick/check mark in each of the top 3 boxes>Search That should find the file and the path for you Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 nyctreeman

nyctreeman

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:54 AM

Nothing, it is gonzo That's ok with me, I just was weirded out by the way it disappeared by itself.

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:09 AM

:thumbup: