OK i dont know what it was that i clicked on but i have a huge problem, I have been trying for 2 days not to get this virus off my computer. I have tried a ton of different antivirus programs, a few trojans were found but im still having the same problem.
This is the list of antivirus programs I have tried.
AVG
Avast
Adware2007
ThreatFire
FixIEDef
HiJackthis
Spybot S&D
Spyware Detector
I also have Peer gaurdian running
and a zone alarm Firewall
My problem is everytime i go onto the inter net i am getting a critical error saying i have this trojan, click on this to download an antivirus. if i go onto a google search it changes my search results into an antivirus program. I ran AVG and it found a few viruses but they kept comming up: here is a list of the viruses it found
Trojan hourse PSW.Delf.ATZ
Trojan Hourse BackDoor.Generic3.YRW
Trojan Hourse PSW.Generic5.SEZ
Trojan Hourse PSW.Generic5QYG
it went through and found all of these 2 in different folder loactions, although it hasnt found anything today, i am still having the problem with my web browser.
I have hijack this but i am not really sure how to use it, i am runnin Spybot S&D now
Hi! Welcome to the WTT forums.
My name is Scotty. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research.
Please be patient.
Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt<- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply
Hey Scotty,
Thanks for the help, but being a 6 month old comp and me having everything backed up on my external i just dumped everything and reformatted the drive…..problem solved…. any recomindations on new anti virus so it doesnt happen again? Right now im running AVG, MAX Secure, Zone alarm Fire wall,Zone alarm ForceField, and Peer Gaurdian 2.
Thanks
Jon
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI