This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

FAQ

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello Jacyln,

Firstly Welcome to this forum. :thumbup:

If you are referring to your HJT log posted, it is up to the Malware fighters just which log they choose to work on. All helpers on this forum are volunteers, they give of their time to assist folk like you so please be patient and one of the accredited volunteers will pick up your log in due time.

If you have had no response in 5 days, please feel free to post a gentle reminder here for attention.

In the meantime browse the forum as there is lots to read and learn.

Best regards,
Can I remove a topic I posted? If so how. I made the mistake of replying to my own post and then realized that you guys would think that I had been helped already. I have since opened a new topic and want to remove the old one so I don't bog you guys down. Thanks and sorry bout the mistake. -Scud
Hate to be a pest on this forum, but I thought it may be beneficial for someone to find out on the FAQS if they run into the same problem. But what if you reply to your own post before an admin writes on one? I failed to see that you do not want to reply to your own post as they will think it is already being worked on. Is there anything someone can do about that? I know the admins and staff are incredibly busy and I didn't want to PM them.
Quantum Kaos,

Good questions. Honestly, you need to hope that someone notices that you have replied to your own thread. If they don't, you will need to wait patiently for 5 days and then post a little nudge here. When and if that happens, you can explain in the 5 day thread about accidentally replying to your own thread.

Sorry.
TomK, Pretty sure you figured this out. I never saw your request on this thread till now. We resolved the issue that LDtate had closed in the other thread. -Scud
Hello, I attempted to post a hijackthis log earlier but it said I was not authorized. Does this require a certain number of posts as well?
Hello meftw, There is no restriction on Members posting HJT/Infection Removal Topics for attention from our Malware Removal Specialists. Please try posting again. Post back here if you still experience difficulty. I've subscribed to this topic so should be notified by email when you reply. I'll follow up if the difficulty persists. Best Regards, Doug

Hello,

I attempted to post a hijackthis log earlier but it said I was not authorized. Does this require a certain number of posts as well?


Did you try create your own topic or did you try to post in a ongoing thread?

I believe one gets that message if trying to post in a ongoing thread, one is not initially part of to begin with.
The Forum does not provide a specific bookmark utility for each Member.
You can, however, use the Forum Search function: http://forums.whatthetech.com/search.html
Additionally, in your Profile menu, (in the pull-down Options ), you have a complete listing of all:
Posts: Find member's posts (Threads in which you have participated by posting a reply)
Topics: Find member's topics (Threads that you created by Using the New Topic function in any sub-forum to start a new thread)

Another feature available in your personal Control Panel (access via My Controls at the top of any forum page)
is a listing of Topics that you've recently read. (Recently Read Topics)

Below that Recently Read Topics is a Personal Note Pad, where you can record any notes, information, comments to yourself, and even links to Forum Thread Topics that you wish to have remembered. (This is private to you and is not readable by other members, nor even by Staff.

Externally, you can use the Bookmark function of your Browser and give the link any name that will help your remember it.

Best Regards
If it is a particular thread you would like to keep track of, there is the option to 'Track this Topic' In the particular topic you want to follow….located at the top right of the topic is an "options" button click the arrow on the options button to show the menu the first selection is "Track this topic" select that and it will take you immediately to your control panel, where you will be given the option of how you want to be notified of new posts to the topic you are interested in. I usually choose 'Immediate email notification', but there are other options there. Now whenever there is a reply to that particular topic, you will receive notification.
i've been searching far and wide for an answer to the PM issue. I've applied to the WTT Classroom and am eager to see if I received a reply but, with no access to the PM feature I''m not sure I can. Found the post count requirement here :)