No Uninstallation package?
3 min read
Hi sorry new here and this seemed the most likely place to put this……… I usually try to solve my own problems but ive been up for 17 hours trying to fix my system and im exauhsted and out of ideas.
A couple of days ago I was infected with the YourPrivacyGuard/Worm.Win32.Netsky garbage, and let me tell you it really messed up my system. In the mess i thought my NOD-32 anti-virus was down so i downloaded a trial of Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0( it is on my wifes comp and works fine for her) and installed it, i also installed Spy Sweeper and had some problems removing that well now that i removed the afore mentioned "yourprivacygarbage" i wanted to reinstall NOD32 and uninstall Kaspersky (due to the fact that it is "too good" and too scrutinizing about trustworthy programs) but i cant seem to find the uninstall package and the program doesn't show up in the Add/Remove Programs. I tried KillBox and that doesn't work either so I'm kind of hung up here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On another note that garbage did something to my browsers, they cant connect to any sites, yahoo messenger and utorrent have full access to the internet. i triedreinstalling firefox but that didnt work either. Ive tried all the standard stuff to bet my browsers to load up sites.
Hi 'b10dr01d'
Welcome to WTT.
Please go here
Follow the thread and post to the Hyjackthis forum for help. The Experts are extremely busy and will get to your log as soon as they can.
kind regards,
Ok I managed to uninstall Kaspersky via Everest Ultimate Edition, and somewhere between yesterday and today my browsers managed to access the web so i assume it had something to do with kaspersky blocking them. I have found another problem, media player wonl load and displays this message: To use Windows Media Player, log off from Windows, and log back on, and then start Windows Media Player. Well I have done that over and over several times and still the same message. If you still need a Hijackthis log, let me know. Much thanks in advance.
Hi 'b10dr01d'
I would still post a HJT log, but the decision is ultimately yours. Remember the experts are extremely busy so the sooner you post to the correct forum the sooner the log will be chosen to Analise.
kind regards,
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI