This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Deleted sysinit32 with trojan virus... Now can't ope

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I'm new to this forum and really hope somebody can help me out! :( A couple of days ago I started to get the IEDefender pop ups saying my computer was infected and had to download the software, which I didn't do. I think I got that at one webpage that asked me to "download" some active X application/codec for video , since I ready a lot about that already on the internet. I have Karpesky as main anti-virus and started highlighting a file "sysinit32" with a trojan virus…. It said it failed to clean it and asked me if I wanted to "delete" the file. I kept saying no. I did a system restore to two or three different points until I managed to get rid of the IEDefender pop ups, however the sysinit32 file was still infected. Last night I ran a lot of malware/antivirus tools, as suggested at several pages I saw on the internet. I did Clean Up, Adaware, Spybot S&D, BitDefender, Micro Trend, etc. and nothing was identified. I also ran HJT and looked for an entry with the infected file but nothing was there. This morning, by mistake when I got the karpesky small window again highlighting the sysinit32 virus, by mistake instead of cliking "skip" I clicked "delete", and the file was deleted. Nothing happened, then I restarted my PC, and it starts OK, but now I can't open any software, applications, etc. I click at internet explorer and it's like nothing happens. I went to control panel and try to access add/remove programs and nothing either, same with system restore. It seems that by erasing the infected file it some how affected something. I would really appreciate anyone's comment on what could I do in order to get my computer back to work! I'm affraid I won't be able to run any of the anti virus tools either. Obviously I'm writting from another computer right now, and will check for any responses later tonight! Thanks a lot in advance!!! Regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI