This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

winlogon.exe infection! Help!

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Sorry about that. It should be as followed

A> C:
C:> CD WINDOWS\ERDNT\SUBS
C:\Windows\ERDNT\subs> BATCH ERDNT.CON
C:\Windows\ERDNT\subs> EXIT


I still get "Invalid directory" when I type "CD WINDOWS\ERDNT\SUBS" when I'm on the d drive.,
I can get into the windows dir by typing "CD WINDOWS", but thats it…

There are 68 dir(s) in the windows dir, and ERDNT is not one of them…
I found this: D:\QOOBOX\HIV-BA~1 and it has the ERDNT.CON file in it….. along with 9 others.
That's good. It's another backup created by ComboFix. We can use that.

Please do this …

CD D:\QOOBOX\HIV-BA~1
TYPE ERDNT.CON


Does it say ….

copy "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.bak"
copy "SECURITY" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY"
copy "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.bak"
copy "software" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software"
copy "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.bak"
copy "system" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system"
copy "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.bak"
copy "default" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default"
copy "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.bak"
copy "SAM" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM"


Note the parts where I highlighted red. Does it say C: or does it say D:
If the file ERDNT.CON doesn't refer to Drive D:, we shall need to hand type all the commands.

Type them out like this. Make sure there are no typos

CD D:\QOOBOX\HIV-BA~1

COPY D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY.BAK
COPY SECURITY D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY

COPY D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE.BAK
COPY SOFTWARE D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE

COPY D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.BAK
COPY SYSTEM D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

COPY D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT.BAK
COPY DEFAULT D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT

COPY D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM.BAK
COPY SAM D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI