This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved]  I really need help

24 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

alright that didn't work at all. it worked all the ay up to logon then before the logon screen came up it said not enough virtual memory. ok.. what is the next step? do we loose all the info now?
Unfortunately, I believe we do. You apparently do not have enough free space on your hard drive to allow Windows the necessary room to perform the install. There is always professional data recovery services but they are extremely expensive usually and not too many home users avail themselves of this service. I do not recommend this option unless you have business critical data on your machine. Trevuren
nope. it ok.. its mainly music and i can probably get it back off my sister's ipod. so where do we go from this step? you probably already told me sorry, thanks!
Please chech the link in Post #56 and proceed accordingly. Good Luck and install an Antivirus and Software Firewall As soon as you can on the new system. Trevuren
I don't know very much about it. However I did a bit of Googling for you and apparently the folder swsetup is part of your laptop system that contains some installers. I found this thread that explains a bit about it if you can read between the lines. I think your question should now be posed to the makers of your PC.

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-softwa…tup-folder.html


You are doing extraordinarily well. Keep up the good work and continued good luck dann.


Trevuren
you guys rock!! so… i really need to see if you can find anymore information about what i can do because as of now i cant listen to music through the laptop speakers, or even through the headphone Port. thanks!
That is way out of my league. As mentioned in my previous post, I believe that the answers that you are looking for should be sought out on the site belonging to your laptop maker. If they can not help, then I suggest you open a new topic here at WTT but in the Laptop Forum where we have qualified techs to assist. I am a malware guy not a hardware tech.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Notebooks_f129.html

I will now be closing this topic as it is no longer a question of malware. Please take note of the link to this topic in case one of our good techs wants a case history but I do not think that anything in here will help him other than the statement of your current problem and the error message you received.

Regards,

Trevuren
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI