Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer Cache Overflow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:14 PM

Hi

On a recent Pc Pitstop Test I noted that I have a Internet Explorer Cache Overflow. While it has shown me recommendations on how to fix the problems, of which I have made several attempts, the problem keeps occurring.
Test Results

Please Help.

Edited by manicd, 14 October 2007 - 12:20 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hi Manicd, Sometimes Temporary Internet Files object to being deleted for various reasons. If you have a few lingering files that won't delete, please list them for us. We may have to get just as stubborn in return, dealing with them. Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

Hi Doug

Here are the files that seem to be constantly in one of my temp internet folders. I say one of my folders because there seems to be Temp files all other my computer in different folders
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\backup\DOCUME~1\dan\LOCALS~1\Temp
Posted Image

I cannot get to this folder unless I use the search facility:
C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Local Settings\Temp
Posted Image
Heres another folder where my Temp files are stored:
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\backup\DOCUME~1\dan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WLTB Custom Button Feeds
Posted Image

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

You can safely delete files in : C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Local Settings\Temp C:\Documents and Settings\dan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5 _______________ Increase the size of your browser cache to 90mb, but not more than 100mb.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#5 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

Hi Doug

Got rid of the Temp Cache problem, but now I have a new problem in the form of this Screenshot:

Posted Image

Is this a virus related problem? I have googled msntb.dll and some sites suggest it could be spyware related. I'm not sure it usually happens when I'm watching a video on "YouTube" and I enlarge the video to full screen.

Regards