This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

AV System Care

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I am totally new to this and a computer novice. For the past couple of weeks I am frequently getting this pop-up "Warning Potential Spyware Operation…please click here to download.. If i click it asks me to download AVsystem Care. I googled that term and it appears that "AVSystem Care" is some type of virus. Since these pop-ups have started appearing, I have not been able to access my control panel nor "View System info" When I do try and do that it says the operation as been cancelled because it is restricted and I need to contact my system administrator. Also, I can no longer set my homepage on the Internet. So what can I do about this? I have a DELL computer. Should I contact DELL. Thank you so much for any help or suggestions you can give me. EJRM
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

you can get a complete installer that installs HijackThis to C:\Program Files\HijackThis, making an entry in the start menu and also providing a desktop shortcut from http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/HJTsetup.exe.

Click on the link and select Save, save it to your desktop and double click HJTsetup.exe.

Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.

When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents here please use the [Add Reply] button below.

Please use the [external image: Posted Image] Button below to post the new HJT log and report.txt

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI