Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Options Missing

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 -Redeye-

-Redeye-

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Gaming etc

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hey Bigtram, I think Ztruker is asking if the link helped you at all. If it didn't, please let us know so we can offer some more input. Cheers, Redeye

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 bigtram

bigtram

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

I couldn't open the site for XP Pro because I have the Home Edition of Windows XP. As I said earlier, I'm not too computer saavy so bear with me. I still need help. Thanks, Bigtram

#18 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

Okay then. Try this, looks like it will work for Home or Pro: Enable/Disable Access to Internet Options Menu

Since you will be editing the registry, it would be a good idea to back it up first. See here: How to backup and restore Windows XP registry using ERUNT, Windows Made Easy

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#19 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

bigtram,

After you backup your registry with ERUNT... and before you start messing in your registry... let's have a look at that key to verify if this is the problem.

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
    :reg
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer /s
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#20 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

Tom, I just tried SystemLook from both the links you provided and I get an error when I try to run it.

This application has failed to start because the applicaztion configuration is incorrect.

Any idea why it won't run for me. I'm doing this in XP Mode under Windows 7. I'll try it on a real, booted XP system in a minute but it should work in XP Mode.

Edit: Works fine in a real XP Boot .... very strange.

Edited by Ztruker, 20 October 2010 - 06:44 PM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#21 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Rich, I'm betting that you're right on this being the problem. Systemlook will tell us any restrictions that have been set. Just thought it might be good to know. I don't know why it wouldn't run for you. Maybe JP will stop by - see this - and have a theory.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014