This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

I'm New Here, Cannot Get Into Chat

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all I'm new here. I have an infection that has hung my PC, except for Firefox, which is running. (for now, and very sluggish). I tried to get into Chat for fast help. It loads OK, but I have nowhere to type my stuff. I need help with that if anyone can. Also, I think I know what is causing the problem, so if I cannot get into Chat, would someone please tell me what forum I should go to? I'm using AVast (quite good actually) and it hints at the cause but can't kill it. Thanks jgb Win XP-H Sp2
I just ran PC-Tools Spyware Doctor and it seemed to clean it up. Won't know for sure till I test some apps including IE which was infected. If I still have a problem tommorow, I will do a hijack scan and post the log here as you suggested. Thanks jgb