This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Ad-ware? Mal-ware? Huge Mess! Help!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Help … experts!

Groveling in advance for any assistance i can get. I've scanned input here and elsewhere. Appears others have gone above and beyond my detection efforts.

I've contracted an ad-ware(?) / mal-ware(?) beast that seems to be hosted by: www.webbuying.net; also veiled as http://64.233.167.104; http://pagead2.googlesydicate.com, and don't know what else.

Activated Windows XP content advisor with password, and it's detecting these sites every time I click a page. Near impossible to feel confident that I'm not letting the beast back in as an okay site masked by a similar name to that which I am trying to access for help.

These sites override my IE start up page, and jump in at any site I try to access, including searches. If I try to google these addresses to learn what's been written on the problem, google freezes. Is that creepy, or what?!

I'm wondering if I should just take system to a professional cleaner at this point. But, so receptive to other options, if possible. HELP???

Thanks so much. :rofl:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI