Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Popup Of ( .php ) File ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 datacode

datacode

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

A solution please : Everytime i open a site it opens a window asking me to download a [****.php] file of 1KB . This is coming very often now. Has anybody faced the same !! Is it from an application i installed or something fishy ! an example when i opened a file called : "quotes.php" ]<html> <head> <title>site Quotes</title> </head> <body bgcolor=white> <div align="center"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3"> <TABLE WIDTH=450 BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0> <TR> <TD><CENTER> "It's not only quiet people who don't say much." </TD></TR></TABLE></CENTER> </b><br><br> </font></div> </body> </html> This represent a header of that *** site. Thanks for replies.

Edited by datacode, 04 September 2007 - 10:36 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Opera, along with a slew of other browsers, should be able to read/display anything on any website, without installation of additional scripting. Exception: Some "interactive" websites, like Panda Active Scan, TrendMicro Online Scan, Kaspersky Online Scan, PCPitstop Full Tests, and a variety of online gaming sites, require the use of an ActiveX component that you will be offered to download and run to all your machine to interact with the JAVA scripting of the page. What you describe "sounds fishy." Run your onboard antivirus, and antispyware utilities. If you don't have it already, download, install, update and run AVG Antispyware 7.5 (free version). If you receive detections that cannot be fixed, you would be well advised to post a HiJackThis scan over into our Malware Removal Forum. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 datacode

datacode

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:19 AM

I use IE6 Mcafee on line Spybot My antispyware and antivirus system are running up to date without any hint to this matter. it seems to me that this .php is not harmful ( i dont know really !) as it looks since the content is very straigt : Example of what i received other than the one in my 1st post : city.php : it contain the city from where my ISP comes... country.php : it contains the country from where my ISP originates..etc..... And this goes on for almost 80% of sites i open. Do you think i have to change something in my Tools/Internet Options/advanced or security ?

#4 datacode

datacode

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:42 AM

Well gentlemen I found the cause of my troubles................. I am using download manager DAP8.5 I un-installed it and things went to normal..... Strange as it is but this is what hapened. Something more intersting too that with the .php popup i used to receive a cookie from an ISP 212.143.22.56 Even that sopped... Again thank you all for joining me to find a solution....:):):)

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

Download Accelerator Manager browser assist type applications "used to be" helpful, when dial-up connections often failed, lost packets, or were interrupted by internet congestion or a phone call coming in locally. Those days are mostly gone for most of us, even though a significant percentage of internet users still connect via dial-up. However, dial-up now delivers between 26 and 40 kbs connection speed and fails/drops much less frequently. Download Accelerator Manager's are still "suspect" since the tool has to keep track of "who you are", "where you are", "how you connect" (URL), and "what you download". So even the most reputable Download Managers are performing much of the same function as Spyware. Folks with DSL/Cable connection should never have need for a Download Acceleration Manager "If" you decide to use a Download Acceleration Manager you should be specifically sure that you know the company and that it is reputable and has a respectful privacy policy. The DAP 8.5 product that you had installed, is NOT (in my opinion) a reputable nor a respectful site/tool. There are NO internet reference articles (in two Google searches) that lead me to believe otherwise. Neither would I do business with any of the sites that reference DAP 8.5. The risks just aren't worth it. ___________ It is HIGHLY possible that your machine has also accumulated a variety of nasties and spyware type routines as a result of using DAP8.5. At a minimum you should: Have a software Firewall installed, updated and running at all times. Zone Alarm (free) Sygate (free) Comodo (free) Update and Run your onboard Antivirus and Antispyware utilities Download, update and Run Spybot Search & Destroy (free) AVG AntiSpyware (free) Run one online antimalware scan Panda Active Scan Kaspersky Online Scan TrendMicro HouseCall Online Scan ________ If malware items are detected that are not fixed or healed, you should download and run HiJackThis and post your HJT Log for expert assistance in the Malware Removal Forum. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#6 datacode

datacode

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for your detailed comments. I will respond later on this and take your advice into consideration..:)

#7 datacode

datacode

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

Frankly when I was using free DAP, Spybot wasfinding always something about it and it used to explain that DAP had gave a guarantee that it stopped intrusion but that was very doubtful !! I use a 62KBS download speed and the good thing in download managers as you know is managing your downloads and resuming. This is why I like to use a manager ! and... I am not relaxed because of their intrusions... I am using SpyBot and it is satisfactory but sometimes things get thru it and it is a hustle to get rid of malwares ! I used to have ZoneAlarm Pro ( a great Firewall) but now i use Mcafee on line and it has a moderate firewall which is not fantastic... I think I will go back and install ZoneAlarm. Finally thank you for your responce and good luck !