This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Baseline

28 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Kathy

About your friends pc, ask the question again here. Myself amongst others will answer better there.

Now you have access to the Classroom, Im sure we'll see plenty of each other. It's alaways good to ask questions.

For the Technical Help post here. Somone will help clear up that warning issue.

You can pm me any time. :P

Ill be watching the tech help anyway, to see how the problem is solved.
Hi, Scotty! :D Thank you, I'm glad! Will these postings stay on my page? I'm going to do those clean up steps from post#27 and then post back here before those other steps, correct? (I stick like a burr, huh? :lol: ) :wavey: Kathy
Hi, Scotty! :) I feel a bit stupid here :blush: but here goes: I don't understand how to disable and enable System Restore. When I do that will I be just unchecking a box somewhere and then immediately rechecking it? When I set a new restore point will that point be that very moment? :wacko: :oops: I'm sorry it's taking me some bit of time; I'm trying to read up on it all when I can get to the computer. The classroom is going to close for a month, I read. Perhaps the part that I'm still on will still be accessible since it's all that reading in the beginning. I hope so, anyway. :wavey: Kathy
Hi Kathy

When you click on Start then Hel and Support, a new window will open called Help and Support Centre. Under the heading, Pick a Task, click on undo changes to your computer with system restore.

A new window will open, titled Welcome to System Restore. Clicck on the little circle next to Create a Restore Point. Then click Next. In the next window, give it a silly name and click on Create. It will take a moment, then change to a window giving you details of the new restore point. Click on Close.

Close the Help and Support window too.

Click on the Start Button again and this time select Run. In the box that opens, type in Cleanmgr and a little window will open titled Select Drive. Make sure C: is selected. In a moment the Disk Cleanup window will open. Click on the more options tab and at the bottom under System Restore, select Clean Up. You will be asked if you are sure you want to remove all but the most recent restore points, select yes. (or ok)

When it is finished click OK and all Disk Cleanup will clean the pc of temp files etc. And that's you.
Hi Kathy

That is a strange one. Did you buy the computer new? Has it updated previously no problem? One of those startups points to Smitfraud according to Computer Associates so well look at that. Are you downloading stuff again?


Download and Run SmitfraudFix
Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
Hi, Scotty! :) I wasn't able to press 1 and enter. This popped up. When I pressed enter the box disappeared. SmitFraudFix v2.231 Fichier Process.exe absent ! Dezippez la totalité de l'archive dans un dossier. Process.exe file missing ! Unzip all the archive in a folder. Press any key to continue . . . I believe this pc was built by a computer guy for me (It was so long ago.) and has since received anew motherboard, new drives; it's crashed several times over the years but I've always been able to update. I haven't downloaded anything but someone else started to download a game demo. StarDefender3 Setup ended up on my desktop but was never opened. Should I delete that? :wall: Okay just now I lost most of the keyboard and then the mouse. Fortunately I'd copied the above message before having lost the mouse. I had to reboot and my computer is still here. I'm sorry to be such a pain in the neck! Did I do the SmitFraud correctly? :wavey: Kathy
Hi, Scotty! :) Sometimes when I'm typing, I pause to think with my pinky resting on the shift key. ( Probably anticipating the capital at the start of a new sentence. If I pause too long, 8 seconds, I think, a message about filter keys pops up and my keyboard will then go funny. Have you heard of this before? It's so annoying! :wavey: Kathy
Hi Kathy Filter Keys are an Accessibilty option, like Sticky Keys. Youll find that through Control Panel. When you extracted the contents from the Smitfraudfix folder, you did "Extract All"? If you did delete everything and download again.
Hi, Scotty! :huh:
I'm having a terrible time with the SmitfraudFix! I keep getting this:

SmitFraudFix v2.231

Fichier Process.exe absent !
Dezippez la totalité de l'archive dans un dossier.

Process.exe file missing !
Unzip all the archive in a folder.

Press any key to continue . . .

Then it disappears. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! :blink:

Is it safe to download emoticons from FreeEmoticon.org ?
Is this site safe: http://www.freesmileysandemoticons.com/smileys.php

:wavey: Kathy
Hi

Im not a big emoticon user, but I just submitted that site to Site Advisor for analysis. Clicking on your link though, the top ad is for Smiley Central, which is a no-no.

I use smileys from here http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

Download and Run ComboFix
  • Download this file from below:

    Here
  • Disconnect from the Internet, than disable your anti-virus and any real-time anti-spyware monitors that are running.
  • Then double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply with a new HijackThis log.
Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall
Note 2:Remember to re-enable your anti-virus and anti-spyware before reconnecting to the Internet.
Hi, Scotty! [external image: Posted Image]
Thank you for the link to safe smileys! [external image: Posted Image] What is Site Advisor?



Here's the ComboFix log:

ComboFix 07-09-14.2 - "End User" 2007-10-06 17:07:53.6 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.78 [GMT -4:00]
.

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-09-06 to 2007-10-06 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.

2007-09-25 23:38 d——– C:\Program Files\BillP Studios
2007-09-25 23:38 d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ENDUSE~1\APPLIC~1\WinPatrol
2007-09-19 19:05 d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-09-19 19:04 d——– C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2007-09-19 19:04 d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ENDUSE~1\APPLIC~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-09-16 17:07 d——– C:\Program Files\iWin.com Games
2007-09-16 17:00 d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ENDUSE~1\APPLIC~1\ieSpell
2007-09-16 16:59 d——– C:\Program Files\ieSpell
2007-09-07 07:09 d——– C:\WINDOWS\system32\ActiveScan

.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.
2007-10-06 17:06 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus
2007-09-28 19:05 ——— d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ENDUSE~1\APPLIC~1\AdobeUM
2007-09-26 23:52 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Juno
2007-09-20 12:44 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Microsoft Picture It! PhotoPub
2007-09-19 19:03 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-09-10 11:05 ——— d–h—– C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-09-10 11:05 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield
2007-09-09 19:11 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\QuickTime
2007-09-09 19:09 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
2007-09-09 18:53 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-09-09 18:48 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Bonjour
2007-08-31 01:00 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\MSXML 4.0
2007-08-29 22:42 ——— d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ENDUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Apple Computer
2007-08-22 21:36 ——— d——– C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2007-08-22 21:36 ——— d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ENDUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Lavasoft
2007-08-22 21:36 ——— d——– C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Lavasoft
2007-07-30 19:19 92504 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdm.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 549720 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 53080 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
2007-07-30 19:19 43352 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 325976 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 203096 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 1712984 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2007-07-30 19:18 33624 –a—— C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot_2007-09-10_162514.38 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.
—-a-r 25,214 2007-09-28 23:05:45 C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A70000000000}\SC_Reader.exe
—-a-r 29,696 2007-09-19 23:05:06 C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{CDDCBBF1-2703-46BC-938B-BCC81A1EEAAA}\IconCDDCBBF11.exe
—-a-r 18,944 2007-09-19 23:05:06 C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{CDDCBBF1-2703-46BC-938B-BCC81A1EEAAA}\IconCDDCBBF13.exe
—-a-r 65,024 2007-09-19 23:05:06 C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{CDDCBBF1-2703-46BC-938B-BCC81A1EEAAA}\IconCDDCBBF15.exe
—-a-w 1,485,696 2007-04-24 15:32:06 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\d219c5aa727ee8fc0f9eb775006e580a\legitcheckcontrol.dll
—-a-w 14,640 2006-11-17 20:14:30 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\d219c5aa727ee8fc0f9eb775006e580a\spmsg.dll
—-a-w 742,192 2006-11-17 20:14:30 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\d219c5aa727ee8fc0f9eb775006e580a\update\update.exe
—-a-w 379,184 2006-11-17 20:14:30 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\d219c5aa727ee8fc0f9eb775006e580a\update\updspapi.dll
—-a-w 70,528 2007-04-24 15:30:24 C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\d219c5aa727ee8fc0f9eb775006e580a\update\wgacustom.dll
—-a-w 1,469,312 2007-08-20 21:37:34 C:\WINDOWS\system32\LegitCheckControl.DLL
—-a-w 17,474,680 2007-09-06 02:50:42 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MRT.exe
——w 14,640 2006-11-17 20:14:30 C:\WINDOWS\system32\spmsg.dll
—-atw 16,384 2007-10-05 22:36:14 C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_71c.dat
.
—-a-w 513,024 2006-06-01 23:38:30 C:\WINDOWS\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll
—-a-w 16,789,464 2007-08-03 01:34:12 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MRT.exe
——w 14,048 2006-01-19 19:29:19 C:\WINDOWS\system32\spmsg.dll
.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
.

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"AGRSMMSG"="AGRSMMSG.exe" [2004-06-29 09:06 C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe]
"VTPreset"="VTPreset.exe" [2004-02-24 21:17 C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTPreset.exe]
"IgfxTray"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-01-23 11:36]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-01-23 11:31]
"VTTimer"="VTTimer.exe" [2005-03-07 15:33 C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe]
"RemoteControl"="C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe" [2004-07-15 02:07]
"VTTrayp"="VTtrayp.exe" [2005-03-11 05:33 C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTrayp.exe]
"Cmaudio"="cmicnfg.cpl" []
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2005-04-08 16:52]
"vptray"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe" [2005-04-17 13:30]
"DiskeeperSystray"="C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkIcon.exe" [2005-11-22 18:38]
"NeroFilterCheck"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe" [2001-07-09 12:50]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2007-07-23 23:53]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe" [2007-07-12 04:00]
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" [2007-06-11 05:25]
"WinPatrol"="C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe" [2007-09-23 13:30]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-03 18:56]
"Aim6"="" []
"ISMModule3"="C:\Program Files\ISM\ISMModule3.exe" []
"SUPERAntiSpyware"="C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe" [2007-06-21 14:06]

[HKEY_USERS\.default\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run]
"MySpaceIM"=C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe

C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2004-12-14 04:44:06]
Kodak EasyShare software.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe [2007-06-21 22:56:14]
KODAK Software Updater.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe [2004-02-13 14:12:08]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL [2006-12-20 13:55 77824]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\!SASWinLogon]
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll 2007-04-19 13:41 294912 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Microsoft Office.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Microsoft Office.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^WinZip Quick Pick.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinZip Quick Pick.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\WinZip Quick Pick.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RoxioAudioCentral]
"C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\RxMon.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RoxioDragToDisc]
"C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RoxioEngineUtility]
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\EngUtil.exe"

R1 cdudf_xp;cdudf_xp;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cdudf_xp.sys
R1 pwd_2k;pwd_2k;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys
R1 UdfReadr_xp;UdfReadr_xp;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UdfReadr_xp.sys
R3 mmc_2K;mmc_2K;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mmc_2K.sys
R3 trid3d;trid3d;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\trid3dm.sys
S3 dvd_2K;dvd_2K;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dvd_2K.sys
S3 P17;Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\P17.sys


[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{16a563d1-fdc3-11d9-bb3d-806d6172696f}]
AutoRun\command- D:\Programs\nu2menu\nu2menu.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{3b6e6f51-9a7e-11d9-8156-806d6172696f}]
AutoRun\command- D:\Programs\nu2menu\nu2menu.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{57da12f1-7aa6-11d9-9dc2-806d6172696f}]
AutoRun\command- D:\setup.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{fa886643-cfe1-11d2-b304-806d6172696f}]
AutoRun\command- E:\Install.exe

.
**************************************************************************

catchme 0.3.1061 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-10-06 17:11:42
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes …

scanning hidden autostart entries …

scanning hidden files …

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

**************************************************************************
.
Completion time: 2007-10-06 17:14:06
C:\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt … 2007-10-06 17:14
C:\ComboFix2.txt … 2007-09-18 22:57
C:\ComboFix3.txt … 2007-09-15 21:20
.
— E O F —


[external image: Posted Image] and the HijackThis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:16:30 PM, on 10/6/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\freecell.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://my.juno.com/s/sp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTPreset] VTPreset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTrayp] VTtrayp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DiskeeperSystray] "C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkIcon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISMModule3] "C:\Program Files\ISM\ISMModule3.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Check &Spelling - res://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Lookup on Merriam Webster - file://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\Merriam Webster.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Lookup on Wikipedia - file://C:\Program Files\ieSpell\wikipedia.HTM
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - C:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Bonjour - {7F9DB11C-E358-4ca6-A83D-ACC663939424} - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\ExplorerPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1122332121816
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - Smart Link - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

:wavey: Kathy
Hi Kathy

Site Advisor is a plug-in from McAfee, which gives you info on websites, whether they are safe or not. It's a handy little tool to have.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/

Im seeing no malware in your logs.

Go to Start>Run and type combofix /u in the box.

I now know the Windows Updates are causing a lot of problems, and you will need to start a new topic here.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Microsoft_Windows_f119.html


p.s Java has now released update 3. :)
Hi, Scotty! [external image: Posted Image]
Thank you for the Site Advisor! [external image: Posted Image] Thank you for telling me about the Java update as well! [external image: Posted Image]
I typed in combofix /u at Start>Run. Although I do still have ComboFix, I got a message that Window could not find "combofix".
In post #46, you gave me a link to go to and ask about my friend Lisa's PC but when I hit it I got this error "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.". Would you please give me a link again? Perhaps I waited too long; I didn't want to start tackling her PC while still messing around with mine. [external image: Posted Image]
I am having fun with all the smileys; thank you so much, Scotty! [external image: Posted Image][external image: Posted Image]
:wavey: Kathy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI