Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Adaware 07 Will You Trust It ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hfc1875

hfc1875

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:10 PM

I installed adaware 07 pro on the 8/7/07,
since then ALL my desktop short cuts dont work, when i tried
to run my av (avg pro) i keep getting the message could not initialize avg anti virus kernel
interface, application cannot run,
as well as system error 19811 has occured cannot load graphics, application terminates,
all this started when i installed adaware.
iv now noticed all my program files are missing from my hard drive (only zone alarm pro left)
which leaves me with NO anti virus or anti spyware,no office no music files, NO NOTHING

iv checked some more on google about this and it seems a common problem with adaware 07,
iv tried mailing lavasoft about this but didnt get any reply ( no surprise there then)
they are happy to take your money
but when you need help they ignore you,
so i now have a 2 year licence for a program that wrecked my system.
the only programs that are currently working are the ones that are pre installed with windows
ie: msn ,media player etc.
Iv so far been waiting 2 days for an answer to this problem and to date lavasoft
seem unwilling to provide answers,
i suppose if they provide answers they will be admitting they are at fault!

iv since found out that lavasoft knew of this problem 5 DAYS before i installed the program,
still nothing has been done
this link provides proof that lavasoft were aware this problem existed 5 days
before i installed the program
http://www.lavasofts...php/t10648.html

To anyone thinking of updating their se version to the new adaware 07 version
i suggest you read the attached link before you do

http://www.lavasofts...view=getnewpost

it may just save your pc from the scrapheap

THE FOLLOWING IS A QUOTE FROM A LAVASOFT MODERATOR

QUOTE(LS Tobias @ Jul 9 2007, 04:41 PM)
We do not igenore you. Support still has a back log but they answer all e-mails.

We are lookign into what may have caused the problem on your system.

Regards, Tobias

5 DAYS AFTER STARTING THIS POST IM STILL WAITING FOR ANSWERS FROM LAVASOFT AS TO WHY ADAWARE 07
CAN POSSIBLY WIPE AN ENTIRE HARD DRIVE
LOOKS LIKE IM HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAUSE IM NOT LEAVING TILL I GET ANSWERS!!
THE QUOTE YOU SEE ABOVE MUST BE LAVASOFTS ATTEMPT AT HAVING A LAUGH!!
WELL IM NOT LAUGHING

I THINK I MAY JUST START POSTING LINKS TO MY THREAD ON THE NET AS WELL AS OTHER SECURITY FORUMS,
IN THE HOPE THAT OTHER CUSTOMERS WONT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING THIS PIECE OF CR*P/INFERIOR/FAULTY/SUBSTANDARD
SOFTWARE!!!!

its a simple problem adaware wiped a load of files ,
programmes, and every thing else it could get it nasty hands on. whats been done about it? NOTHING
there is no trace of adaware and many other programmes!! what is so hard to understand?,
cant get updates cant reinstall programmes,
i feel violated (robbed, done,ripped off,ignored,and made a fool of for trusting this programme).

At this moment i have bought new hard drive to reinstall my os (dont worry im keeping my old drive with everything that is LEFT ON IT)
The next step to fix this problem is info@konsumenteuropa.se hope they will be more willing to help than lavasoft has been,
this system is now dead ie not worth trouble trying to fix, theres that many problems to fix.
IM NOT HAPPY AND I WILL NOT BE BRUSHED UNDER THE CARPET!!!
THIS MUST BE SORTED I WANT MY £££ SPENT ON THIS HALF BAKED PROGRAMME BACK AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL DO ABOUT MY LOSSES !!
THAT IS IF I EVER GET A REPLY, A REPLY THAT HELPS OR MAKES SENSE ANYWAY

Ive now installed my new hard drive and os, (done by it expert) he informed me that the only reason adaware 07 didnt
delete my firewall along with all my windows os was because zone alarm has a setting that prevents malware from
maliciously deleting or stopping its processess, and that zone alarm pro v7 firewall more than likely saved my windows os.
ZONE ALARM FIREWALL V7 MUST CONSIDER ADAWARE 07 TO BE MALWARE
i feel if i didmt have zone alarm installed adaware 07 may well have deleted my entire windows os ,
thankfully it stopped this .
MY OLD HARD DRIVE IS NOW SEALED IN A BUBBLE WRAPPED ENVELOPE!!!

STILL WAITING FOR LAVASOFT TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!!
NOT FOR MUCH LONGER THOUGH !!!!

ANYONE WHO READS THIS POST WHO IS TEMPTED TO UPGRADE FROM THE SE VERSION TO THE NEW ADAWARE 07 VERSION,
THINK LONG AND HARD,
IS IT WORTH IT?
IN MY CASE DEFINATELY NOT!!!
AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE AFFECTED BY THIS, THE LAVASOFT SUPPORT SITE IS FULL OF PEOPLE WITH PROBLEMS LIKE MINE.
SO BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 hibbygit

hibbygit

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

wow thats pretty scarey , glad i delayed the update , think i will sit tight for a while ,see what happens thanks for the advice :thumbup:

#3 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:14 AM

Hello hfc1875.

As I requested in your topic at S-N: new adaware 07 trustworthy or not ? it would be best to keep this at the AAW forums.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-